Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrafikFeat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Gold Bar, WA
New Mini... Which really doesn't matter but now that all is set up I cannot get iTunes to play ANY purchased music.
I've done everything up to and including removal of the SC folder.

Apple sees the one authorized computer but iTunes won't. It still see's that it's NOT authorized and when I try to, it sees 5 and won't allow me to proceed.

WTF :apple:?

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
New Mini... Which really doesn't matter but now that all is set up I cannot get iTunes to play ANY purchased music.
I've done everything up to and including removal of the SC folder.

Apple sees the one authorized computer but iTunes won't. It still see's that it's NOT authorized and when I try to, it sees 5 and won't allow me to proceed.

WTF :apple:?

Odd. I have the opposite problem. When I look at my account on my iMac it says that "0 computers are authorized to play content purchased with this Apple ID." and yet iTunes plays music I have purchased anyway.

Have you contacted Apple about this? They should be able to reset your authorized computers. I think you are allowed to reset them once a year.

GrafikFeat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Gold Bar, WA
Odd. I have the opposite problem. When I look at my account on my iMac it says that "0 computers are authorized to play content purchased with this Apple ID." and yet iTunes plays music I have purchased anyway.

Have you contacted Apple about this? They should be able to reset your authorized computers. I think you are allowed to reset them once a year.

Yes... I did everything one can do. Apple has really jumped the shark again now that Steve is gone...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.