Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Decided I'd get my wife a pair of Bruno Mars concert tickets for a concert coming up in June. On the Bruno Mars website, it says tickets aren't on sale until February 3rd.

I went to the ticket master website, and his event in our city does not show up in the results.

Somehow I ended up on a site called ticketscheckout.com, which I've never heard of and have no idea how I got there but it was while trying to get to ticketmaster (errant click? autofill even though I've never been to that site? anyway…). This site has his event in my city listed, and says that tickets are available and on sale, and from the sound of it a lot of the tickets are already sold.

Is this legit? How can they be for sale on one site but not on ticket master and not according to the artist's own page?

EDIT: Tickets are already on stub hub too? wtf?

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
It's not at all uncommon for a concert to not be listed on an artist's official page, but is already scheduled and tickets on sale. There is a particualr venue that I go to to see a lot of conerts and I usually go directly to their site and they'll have the shows listed and I buy tickets directly through the venue (they link out the tickets to a third party off of their website).

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Thanks guys, so I guess I should buy now since it's apparently almost sold out already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.