Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
I just took the screen protector off. It look ugly with it on.

Grease and smutch all over the screen shield. I used Iphone 4 naked but im not sure about the glass on 5C.

I also not using any case, want to though. Just couldn't find the right one.

I might go with the apple case but it is way overpriced. Anybody use the bladedge bumper from Pinlo? Is it any good?

I put the link below if you dont know which one.

http://www.pinlo.com/apple/iPhone-5c/BLADEdge (5c).html

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
Well a colleague has a salmon pink naked and it has a few abbrasions on it. The thing will get wear and tear if not covered so it is up to you. Only good thing is concealing a scratch on plastic is much easier than glass or aluminium.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
Honestly, i dont mind the scratches on the back or anywhere. Sorry i didn't mention in the thread.

The only reason i need a case or bumper is because the device is very slippery. Almost drop it couple times. It look nice naked but i fear i might drop it eventually.

benoit85

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2013
I had a Spigen neo hybrid on mine. Like yourself i mainly wanted some extra grip because the phone was far too slippy without it. It was a lovely case, added a lot of protection and made it easier to grip. I had the case with a silver bumper so actually made the phone look like a 4S. Also got a cheap gel case off of ebay which is really nice, gives a lot of grip and feels really nice in the hand.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
I had a Spigen neo hybrid on mine. Like yourself i mainly wanted some extra grip because the phone was far too slippy without it. It was a lovely case, added a lot of protection and made it easier to grip. I had the case with a silver bumper so actually made the phone look like a 4S. Also got a cheap gel case off of ebay which is really nice, gives a lot of grip and feels really nice in the hand.

Neo Hybrid was my first case with the device. I also have it in silver as well. However, it took it off. It added too much bulk and my thumb can't reach the top to pull down notifications. Its a lovely case really.

I used the linear ex for my iphone 4 but i dont really want most part of my phone to completely wrapped. Thanks for sharing though.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
I have a spigen tough armour case which bulks it up a bit and protects it well, unfortunately it covers up the nice blue... Everyday I look at it and want it to be free and show off the colour but I get scared I'll drop and damage it badly..

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
I have a spigen tough armour case which bulks it up a bit and protects it well, unfortunately it covers up the nice blue... Everyday I look at it and want it to be free and show off the colour but I get scared I'll drop and damage it badly..

I feel you. Too beautiful to be all covered up.

although, can it be anymore slippery than this!!!!

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Everytime I open up one of these threads I dread that one day there will be a picture of a naked fat guy with his phone... Literally, being used naked! :/

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I love the way the 5C feels without a case. I use my 5S without a case, but actually prefer the way the 5C feels in hand. It was was speced the exact same, I would get a 5C over the 5S.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I've used it naked since day one. I love the way it feels. I've dropped it twice and I have two little scratches on the back that you can only see if the light hits them right. If it were a 5 or 5S it would have been dented or nicked a few times over by now.

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
I've been using mine naked since I got it on release.

Still as perfect as it was the day I bought it.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
now i've decided to put on matte back screen protector to provent it from slipping but then people are saying that matte type make it even more slippery. :confused:

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I use all of my devices naked (with the exception of a smart cover on my iPad mini retina). I used to go case crazy, trying to find the perfect one - but at this point I really prefer the devices without the cases.

I'm simply careful with mine. Have microfiber cloths by my bed and at work and usually, if my phones aren't in my pockets, they are lying on the cloth on my desk.

I've had the 5S since launch day and it still looks brand new. My 5C has a scuff on the back about the length of the flash and just to the right of it. But nothing major.

Honestly, the 5C is far too comfortable without the case to ruin it with one.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
I bought a cheap plastic case two weeks ago because I can't afford to see gold 5S get scratched or dented. Value will go down because of this. :apple:

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Just get the Caudabe Veil frost version for the 5c. Feels naked but still offers scratch protection. Best of all worlds.

zipa

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2010
Using mine naked all the time. I do get some funny looks when doing FaceTime calls, though...

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
I bought a 5S mostly over of concerns about durability of the 5C. The drop tests were pretty damning. Still, I had to get a case for my 5S anyways. That metal back has a nails-on-a-chalkboard feeling to it, compared to the comfortable feeling of the glass back on my old 4S, and the contoured edges of the iPhone 5C were much more comfortable to me.

Which makes me wonder why Apple didn't make the edge of the 5C protrude slightly to protect the screen. I don't see many accessories for the 5C out there, and that exposed screen is really the 5C's only weakness.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
Just get the Caudabe Veil frost version for the 5c. Feels naked but still offers scratch protection. Best of all worlds.

My niece has the Caudabe for her 5c and loves it. Of course, part of that might be because she loves everything her uncle buys for her. :p But, it's basically the same thing as the one for the 5s, which is what I use on my phone. Really minimalistic case.

bryan85

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
I really like the 5C and I use it without a case. The 5C feels really nice in the hand with its rounded edges and neutral temperature plastic. The 5/5S has hard edges and is cold when it sits out for awhile. If they continue to offer aluminum/plastic iPhones I will more than likely stick with the plastic version, even if it's a generation behind.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.