Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BadLTD

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
My iphone 5 is jailbroken in 7.0.4. My weather app opens & crashes along with my safari, mostly all my native iOS stock apps. Any help?

~Ks383~

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Do you have Appsync installed? if so, remove that. It's known to cause that issue.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
As AlphaDogg mentioned, AppleJuiced and other JB experts are good at responding. There's also a dedicated JB forum that probably gets more play. In fact, I assume this thread will be moved into that forum by a moderator.

Also, with the title "iOS 7 Not Working" I'm not sure you're going to get a lot of eyes in here. Something like "Jailbroken iOS7 stock apps crash" will grab someone scanning titles for something interesting. "iOS 7 Not Working" isn't interesting because everyone knows it doesn't work. :D Good luck!

BadLTD

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
Damn that sucks would it be better f I downgraded to 6 then jailbreak it?

Last edited:

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
Damn that sucks would it be better f I downgraded to 6 then jailbreak it?

You can't downgrade. I suggest you restore through iTunes and rejailbreak. Then make sure that you only install tweaks that are designed to run on your phone.

BadLTD

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
You can't downgrade. I suggest you restore through iTunes and rejailbreak. Then make sure that you only install tweaks that are designed to run on your phone.

Ok, yeah I just restored through itunes. I'll think about rejailbreaking.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Ok, yeah I just restored through itunes. I'll think about rejailbreaking.

After you restore, then JB again open Cydia and let it update, but then do not add anything else. just let the JB sit for a few days and see if the problem comes back (i doubt it will), then go slow with adding apps, do not add cracked apps.

If you run into that problem again then (i have a few times), do a hrad re-boot the problem should go away. If it does not then remove the last app you added.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
I've had oem apps crash on me since day one with the 5s, way before being jailbreaked

even settings has crashed on me, before the jailbreak

don't be so quick to assume it's the jailbreak

BadLTD

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
After you restore, then JB again open Cydia and let it update, but then do not add anything else. just let the JB sit for a few days and see if the problem comes back (i doubt it will), then go slow with adding apps, do not add cracked apps.

If you run into that problem again then (i have a few times), do a hrad re-boot the problem should go away. If it does not then remove the last app you added.

I don't even think its worth jailbreaking because the iPhone 5's battery sucks so much. If I do jailbreak and add tweaks its just going to go back to die quickly.

I've had oem apps crash on me since day one with the 5s, way before being jailbreaked

even settings has crashed on me, before the jailbreak

don't be so quick to assume it's the jailbreak

I didn't assume it was the jailbreak to begin with because I have been jailbreaking since the 4's and that has never happened to me. But it does seem like it was the jailbreak because everything is working fine now that I have restored to stock iOS7.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I don't even think its worth jailbreaking because the iPhone 5's battery sucks so much. If I do jailbreak and add tweaks its just going to go back to die quickly.

I didn't assume it was the jailbreak to begin with because I have been jailbreaking since the 4's and that has never happened to me. But it does seem like it was the jailbreak because everything is working fine now that I have restored to stock iOS7.

Funny, I'm jailbroken on iPhone 5 with 7.0.4 and my battery goes 10-12 hours. Don't make blanket statements like that when they are not true. Also, all my stock apps work fine.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
As said previously, appsync is known to cause this problem. Remove that if you have it, reboot, and your stock apps should work fine afterwards

It's because the version you're using is really the iOS 5 version but the repos are just changing the name and uploading it afaik. Support was dropped long ago when installous shut down

BadLTD

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
Funny, I'm jailbroken on iPhone 5 with 7.0.4 and my battery goes 10-12 hours. Don't make blanket statements like that when they are not true. Also, all my stock apps work fine.

Good for you, but my phone's battery still dies.

As said previously, appsync is known to cause this problem. Remove that if you have it, reboot, and your stock apps should work fine afterwards

It's because the version you're using is really the iOS 5 version but the repos are just changing the name and uploading it afaik. Support was dropped long ago when installous shut down

Well, that sounds like it makes sense. But I rather not jailbreak if most of the things it promises won't work properly.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Good for you, but my phone's battery still dies.

Well, that sounds like it makes sense. But I rather not jailbreak if most of the things it promises won't work properly.

when did jailbreaking promise you the ability to fake signing apps?

all jailbreak does is open root access

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
when did jailbreaking promise you the ability to fake signing apps?

all jailbreak does is open root access

I second this. Piracy is not a legitimate reason to jailbreak. That being said, in the early days of the jailbreak (iPhone OS 3.1.2), I used installous quite avidly. I realize now that jailbreaking has a much bigger purpose; it allows me to use my device as I choose, outside Apple's walled garden.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.