Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d-m-a-x

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
My bluetooth keyboard/mouse is shared with the nMP and the MBP. On the nMP i turn blietooth off and sleep the machine, then turn MBP blutooth on and use that set up for less cpu heavy tasks, email etc.

I have a wacom intuos 3 and a numeric keypad (both usb2), and neither wakes the nMP which is funny because the bluetooth keyboard does when connected. Am i missing something? Workaround, or needs to by a new wacom?

----------

power/wake button on the tb display would have been nice, or put the power button at the front of the nMP. Maybe there are air hand gesture / jumping jacks. Hmm maybe buy the trackpad...

anticipate

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2013
There definitely some bugs going on with Mavericks with sleep/wake and USB devices. On my nMP (8 core D700) I actually had to disable sleep entirely. I found if I wasn't actively working on it (say I left it to render), it would eventually sleep the drives and screen then reboot, and go into a bizarre "I can't see half the hardware" mode which required a hard reboot. Then I got a sleep/wake error report. This happened every single time it went to sleep.

I have read of similar problems since Mavericks was installed on other macs (mostly rMBPs) so I think it's software related. In the meantime, I had to shut off all the checkboxes in power saving and the screen off to "never", so I can walk away and actually have it continue to work without rebooting.

This isn't a big deal, because I can still shut my main display off at the power switch, and I turn the whole computer off when not being used anyway; the start up time cold is under a min.

WillyWoo

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2014
Same problem USB and Sleep Mavericks/NMP 6,1

I have similar problems. System does not always wake fully from sleep.

I am using a standard Apple USB full size keyboard and every now and then it does not wake the system up.

d-m-a-x

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
I have similar problems. System does not always wake fully from sleep.

I am using a standard Apple USB full size keyboard and every now and then it does not wake the system up.

Yeah, i've notcied sometimes the hard drive does not show up. Maybe it is the non-mobile form factor, had the same problem with the G4 and the 1,1

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.