Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phr0ze

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
Columbia, MD
One basic feature of a spreadsheet is defining a cell format. In numbers on my ipad i define a cell format as a pop-up menu so a limited number of choices can be made.

When I try to edit the same sheet on icloud, I get a message that the pop-up type isn't supported and I must convert the field back to text.

This is useless as I use the pop-up type in many spreadsheets. I can not use icloud for any editing. :mad:

While many may not think supporting the same data types on both the OSX/IOS vs icloud isn't a big deal, I think it is as datatypes are just the start of a spreadsheet which everything else is built upon.

pmontanarella

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
One basic feature of a spreadsheet is defining a cell format. In numbers on my ipad i define a cell format as a pop-up menu so a limited number of choices can be made.

When I try to edit the same sheet on icloud, I get a message that the pop-up type isn't supported and I must convert the field back to text.

This is useless as I use the pop-up type in many spreadsheets. I can not use icloud for any editing. :mad:

While many may not think supporting the same data types on both the OSX/IOS vs icloud isn't a big deal, I think it is as datatypes are just the start of a spreadsheet which everything else is built upon.

I fully agree with you, especially due to the fact that Apple is truly promoting the ability to work on your documents from anywhere even in the web browser. I'd suggest reporting this to Apple here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.