Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has debuted a number of posters at its Cupertino headquarters to celebrate the thirtieth anniversary of the Macintosh, with every employee who has ever worked for Apple listed in the order of their badge numbers. Some employees have already located their names, including Engineering Project Manager Michael Jurewitz.

badgeposter.jpeg
There are reportedly more than ten giant posters in the art installation, with tens of thousands of Apple employees named.

(Poster image courtesy @Jury)

Article Link: Commemorative Posters at Apple Campus List All Former and Current Apple Employees

jlgolson

Contributing Editor
Jun 2, 2011
Durango, CO
If someone finds my name, I will be greatly appreciative. Employee ID right around 55,000. Mid-2003.

Last edited:

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
That's a nice idea. Seeing your name on the list gives you a sense of belonging and also where in the chain of employees you are. I wonder how the one at the bottom right corner feels when seeing his name.

SmileyBlast!

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Very Cool! I wonder if Apple Culture is changing. The Apple Campus described in "Inside Apple" said that employees never used to have time for that sort of thing.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Think I found the name of the guy who fired me (well, the guy who gave hundreds of us notice that we were being let go) booo, hiss. ;)

Would love to find high-res photos of these.

Apple Knowledge Navigator

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2010
If we could finish off today with some new iMac and Mac Mini news - preferably, Fusion Standard standard - then I think that would cap off some of the best Mac news that I've read here in years!

(Although I did have a good chuckle when S.J said the Radeon 320M offered killer graphics)

kwerle

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2007
Think I found the name of the guy who fired me (well, the guy who gave hundreds of us notice that we were being let go) booo, hiss. ;)

Would love to find high-res photos of these.

That'd be nice - but I'd rather have the original postscript version. Man, would I ever.

theheadguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
california
I hope they get an ultra-high res image so I can find my name! I have to think they'll do that, especially for current employees located elsewhere. :)

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Wow. Some people find every way conceivable to diss Apple. Not what I see at all. I see a person with their hand raised trying to read each line on the sign, and undoubtedly that's exactly what he's doing.

do that in Germany and you are screweeeeed

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
I actually want that poster, without the name of course.

would look good in my work office.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.