Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
Hey guys,

I am going mad with this issue with iOS 7. So I reset my iPhone and then restored from backup. All apps installed just fine except a few(14 to be precise). So I synced again thinking that it would solve it. However, even though iTunes shows everytime that it's installing the apps, it doesn't. What it does is that the clockwise animation works till it shows installing. When it reaches the finishing part, it would just become faded and I can't click on the app.

I tried deleting the apps by clicking on cross arrow, it would let me delete few and few it won't. I tried going to iTunes and it shows "installing" status. I tried clicking each one so that it shoes nothing there, thinking next time it won't copy the apps. Still everytime I sync it copies the apps and yet it doesn't install them.

This happened before jail breaking and after jail breaking I installed the ifile and them deleted the folders of the apps. Still the issue persists.

Please help. I can't seem to comprehend what's going on here.

Thanks.

----------

This happened with me on my iPad too. Few days back I resorted and same issue. There I didn't pay any attention but this is making me go crazy in iPhone. Also I can't use the apps in question for this and few of them are really important to me.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Open the settings>general>usage and remove them from there. Then download again from the app store.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
Thanks for the response.

I would do as you guys have suggested and report back. Meanwhile, I would like to know, just for my inquisitiveness, that how is it different from deleting with clicking on the cross arrow button after long pressing the icons.

----------

Guys,

They dont show under General-Usage. Now what?

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for the response.

I would do as you guys have suggested and report back. Meanwhile, I would like to know, just for my inquisitiveness, that how is it different from deleting with clicking on the cross arrow button after long pressing the icons.

----------

Guys,

Have you ever used a different Apple ID. They could be from that one and the computer isn't authorized for that account.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2011
Have you ever used a different Apple ID. They could be from that one and the computer isn't authorized for that account.

No. Havent used any other Apple ID. I deleted them from my PC and iPhone too. So they wouldn't copy next time I sync. Now redownloading. That's the only way I found.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Thanks for the response.

----------

Guys,

Well cant answer that exactly but it is. That will work at times when pressing the wiggle X does not. I find it odd that they do not show up in usage apps. Not sure what else to try other than a restore and try to download again or restore a backup afterwards.

dziglavs

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2014
Shaded icons

I have same problem on iphone and ipad,ios 7,This apps dont exist in general>usage,cant erase it directly on desktop,cant resume download,just standing waiting.I try with iphone explorer,but this apps dont exist in tree.Some ideas?
Thnx

Damir S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.