Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpikyiOS3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
Bit personal, eh? ;)
Alrighty, so I decided to upgrade my 3gs from 5.1.1 to 6.1.3. Everything's backed up, so I only have to restore the firmware to the newest one. I'm using the latest iFaith (currently v1.5.9) and I've downloaded the 6.1.3 SHSH Blob. Furthermore, I clicked 'Build *signed* IPSW w/ Blobs' -> Navigated to the 6.1.3 SHSH -> Clicked Download it for me (which has worked for me in the past) and downloaded a file around 784MB.

After it was finished, I scavenged most of my folders to the point I searched the whole C:\ Drive for the IPSW file (searched for iFaith as well as *.ipsw). The results ended with an IPSW for the 5.1.1 firmware I'd used a while back.

So if anyone knows what's going on, please shed some light, thanks!

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Alrighty, so I decided to upgrade my 3gs from 5.1.1 to 6.1.3. Everything's backed up, so I only have to restore the firmware to the newest one. I'm using the latest iFaith (currently v1.5.9) and I've downloaded the 6.1.3 SHSH Blob. Furthermore, I clicked 'Build *signed* IPSW w/ Blobs' -> Navigated to the 6.1.3 SHSH -> Clicked Download it for me (which has worked for me in the past) and downloaded a file around 784MB.

After it was finished, I scavenged most of my folders to the point I searched the whole C:\ Drive for the IPSW file (searched for iFaith as well as *.ipsw). The results ended with an IPSW for the 5.1.1 firmware I'd used a while back.

So if anyone knows what's going on, please shed some light, thanks!

did ifaith finish making the custom ipsw package? if yes, then it should be on your desktop

SpikyiOS3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
Bit personal, eh? ;)
[resolved]

Hey darrick! It's been some time now :p
No, I wasn't on the desktop either. So I ended up re-downloading it from [here] and then stitching it manually.
Now I have a 3gs running 6.1.3 - Yet to jailbreak it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.