Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wildonrio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
So I'm jailbroken on 7.1b3 and it's not great. Changed my plist to fake like I was on 7.0.4 so I could install jailbreak apps, but it's just led to a lot of springboard crashes. Now I want to go back to 7.0.4.

I tried to go back and was shocked to see that my iCloud backup is now only compatible with 7.1 and up! I don't want to start fresh.

I could do a local backup and edit the plist to fake like it's a 7.0.4 backup but then it makes me delete my iCloud backup. I guess Apple only wants the backup in one place at a time? Certainly don't want to fumble around in the plist of my only backup...

Help appreciated, whatever you've got. Thanks.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
The only format I was able to use was to download the 7.0.4 firmware (from iPhoneHacks) and option click in iTunes restore the proper firmware.

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
I tried to go back and was shocked to see that my iCloud backup is now only compatible with 7.1 and up! I don't want to start fresh.

I thought this was incredibly ridiculous too, especially since the only thing in my backup was contacts and photos, so it shouldn't make a damned difference which iOS I'm on, but unfortunately there is no way around it that I know and I looked for some time.

What I ended up doing is backing up just my contacts and photos individually through some type of photo specific and contacts specific app like Bump and wifi Photo or something similar. It really makes no sense.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
So I'm jailbroken on 7.1b3 and it's not great. Changed my plist to fake like I was on 7.0.4 so I could install jailbreak apps, but it's just led to a lot of springboard crashes. Now I want to go back to 7.0.4.

I could do a local backup and edit the plist to fake like it's a 7.0.4 backup but then it makes me delete my iCloud backup. I guess Apple only wants the backup in one place at a time? Certainly don't want to fumble around in the plist of my only backup...

Help appreciated, whatever you've got. Thanks.

backups are only upwards compatible. your only way would be to make a local backup and make configurations to it to restore from it

just make a copy of the local backup before you make changes to it (google where the local backup is located on your computer)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.