Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shan S.

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
Anybody having trouble purchasing items on the Apple App Store after the evasi0n jailbreak?

I did the JB on a 5s (7.04). Everything works great except Apple App Store and music store purchases.

I get the xxx can not be purchased at this time message in the App Store.

However at some time later I can download the app again. It will show up in the item purchased section of the store. I can then install from there.

In the music store nothing happens. I just cannot purchase anything.

I also noticed that when logging out of the store and back in that it took a few times for the phone to accept my user name and password.

I have tried the following:

1. Rebooted the phone with holding power button and center button

2. Log out and then log back into the store. Both with and with out a phone reboot.

3. Cleared all the settings on the phone and rebooting. Then logging back into the store.

Nothing makes a difference. Anybody else have these problems?

Looking for some mother items to try and help.

Should I just do a full restore to 7.04 through iTunes and trying JB again?

Shan

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Anybody having trouble purchasing items on the Apple App Store after the evasi0n jailbreak?

I did the JB on a 5s (7.04). Everything works great except Apple App Store and music store purchases.

I get the xxx can not be purchased at this time message in the App Store.

However at some time later I can download the app again. It will show up in the item purchased section of the store. I can then install from there.

In the music store nothing happens. I just cannot purchase anything.

I also noticed that when logging out of the store and back in that it took a few times for the phone to accept my user name and password.

I have tried the following:

1. Rebooted the phone with holding power button and center button

2. Log out and then log back into the store. Both with and with out a phone reboot.

3. Cleared all the settings on the phone and rebooting. Then logging back into the store.

Nothing makes a difference. Anybody else have these problems?

Looking for some mother items to try and help.

Should I just do a full restore to 7.04 through iTunes and trying JB again?

Shan

what tweaks do you have installed?

Shan S.

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
Just these:
- swipe keyboard
- asktocall
- asktosend
- noslowanimations
- slide to kill
- action menu plus pack (includes action menu)
- Iconoclasm
- infinidock
- Shrink
- icon renamer
- MultiIconMover

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Issues purchasing items in Apple App Store and Music Store after JB

I had this issue when I first did the jailbreak. I had to restore and rejailbreak. I made sure to log in and buy a (free) app after restoring my backup but before jail breaking the second time. Works fine now.

dmick89

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2013
I had this issue when I first did the jailbreak. I had to restore and rejailbreak. I made sure to log in and buy a (free) app after restoring my backup but before jail breaking the second time. Works fine now.

Same thing I had to do. Restoring was only thing that worked. No problem after jailbreaking again.

Shan S.

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
Thanks for the info. I will try the same steps then. Again thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.