Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macmail2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2014
I have a jailbroken iphone 4 that i want to update from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1. I have never updated past the 5.0.1 that i have now so i don't understand how to get the shsh so that i don't update to the newest version of ios. I understand the process (as i did look around before asking!) but i don't see any comments on my particular issue. I get the back up itunes and backup cydia, but how to find the shsh and the actual 5.1.1 file are where i'm stuck.

Thank you for your help!

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I have a jailbroken iphone 4 that i want to update from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1. I have never updated past the 5.0.1 that i have now so i don't understand how to get the shsh so that i don't update to the newest version of ios. I understand the process (as i did look around before asking!) but i don't see any comments on my particular issue. I get the back up itunes and backup cydia, but how to find the shsh and the actual 5.1.1 file are where i'm stuck.

Thank you for your help!

if cydia doesn't already have your 5.1.1 shsh blobs, you're stuck and can't update to that version

before you do anything else, i would recommend using ifaith to dump your 5.0.1 blobs so you can always restore back to 5.0.1 should anything go wrong

open cydia and press TSS center, what iOS SHSH blobs does it say at the top?

macmail2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2014
if cydia doesn't already have your 5.1.1 shsh blobs, you're stuck and can't update to that version

before you do anything else, i would recommend using ifaith to dump your 5.0.1 blobs so you can always restore back to 5.0.1 should anything go wrong

open cydia and press TSS center, what iOS SHSH blobs does it say at the top?

That's the strange thing. When I open Cydia, There is no shsh notification at the top and there is no TSS center.

Thanks for your help on this.

macmail2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2014
It isn't there. I've attached some screen shots of what my cydia looks like. Thanks for both your help!

Attachments

• IMG_0696.PNG
    IMG_0696.PNG
    207.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0697.PNG
    IMG_0697.PNG
    133.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0698.PNG
    IMG_0698.PNG
    127.4 KB · Views: 82

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
It isn't there. I've attached some screen shots of what my cydia looks like. Thanks for both your help!

one way to use an external tool such as iFaith or tinyumbrella to see if cydia has any 5.1.1 blobs for your device

if you really don't know, you can PM me your ECID and i'll help you check

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.