Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mach

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Hello, strange issue—listening to music over Airplay has stopped working on my iPhone 5s, but only in the Music app—Spotify, Beats, videos through Safari, Youtube, etc still Airplay fine. I've tried closing the Music app, restarting, as well as hard reset.

Might this be a software bug? Any help or troubleshooting suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Hello, strange issue—listening to music over Airplay has stopped working on my iPhone 5s, but only in the Music app—Spotify, Beats, videos through Safari, Youtube, etc still Airplay fine. I've tried closing the Music app, restarting, as well as hard reset.

Might this be a software bug? Any help or troubleshooting suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Have you tried restarting your phone? goofy issues like that usually get fixed by a reboot.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
What are you AirPlaying too? Have you tried resetting/restarting that?

I have a no sound issue from the music app occasionally using AppleTV. It's weird because it works from the AppleTV and it's other native apps.

If it's an ATV and you haven't tried it yet it's the menu button + down on the remote until the light flashes rapidly.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Have you tried restarting your phone? goofy issues like that usually get fixed by a reboot.

My kid's iPod stopped AirPlaying to anything. I called AppleCare and they suggested I restart it. Until that time I was always saying a restart wasn't necessary, just a turn off and on. I was wrong. The restart rejiggered the whatsit and it could Airplay again.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
My kid's iPod stopped AirPlaying to anything. I called AppleCare and they suggested I restart it. Until that time I was always saying a restart wasn't necessary, just a turn off and on. I was wrong. The restart rejiggered the whatsit and it could Airplay again.

We are so used to Apple products being bulletproof we never think about restarting the device to fix oddball errors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.