Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irain

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Do you have a cat or a dog? Which do you think is the "better" pet?

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2004
I got 2 cats, 1 dog.

The dog is higher matinance, the cats are less. Though one cat pretty much ignores me unless he wants attention and will keep bugging. The other is nice, you just pick her up, put her on your lap and she'll stay as long as you like; comes in at night around 10, cuddles up on a blanket and stays till the morning. The dog takes quite a bit of upkeep, so I recommend cats myself.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
I guess I'd prefer a dog, just for the more 'energetic' side to 'em. However I have neither, infact I have no pets at this time.

emmawu

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2005
Wauwatosa, WI
We have two cats, Malcolm and Nick. We have such a small yard it would be really unkind to have a dog. Malcolm and Nick are both mutts we picked up at the Humane Society.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
we have two cats and a dog.

i love all three. but i prefer cats overall i think due to the cuddly factor. i can't cuddle with my dog, nor would i want to.

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
come,
sit,
stay,
shake a paw,

love dogs
mans best friend

dogs have our eyes, i dont feel close to a cat because of its eyes.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Nermal said:
Definitely cats. Dogs are for Windows users.

Oi!!

Cats are for crazy smelly old women and middle aged men with no girlfriend.

Get that up ya!

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
I love cats. Deal with it. :D Unfortunately, I am currently catless at the moment as my poor cat, Rocky, died last year almost overnight; he was in perfect health one day, playing and running around the house, and dead two days later from a lung infection he developed mysteriously.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Wow, what a loaded question! LOL!

Me, I've got one (very spoiled) Siamese cat. I love cats and I love dogs, but right now, my dwelling and my lifestyle are not suited to a dog, whereas a cat fits in very comfortably..... Cats are SOOO low-maintenance in comparison to a dog! Nonetheless, both cats and dogs are deserving of love and attention, as well as an appropriate home, and if someone can't provide that they should not have one or the other or both as part of the family.

OTB

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Cats make great Chinese food. Dogs are much better as pets. Either way, both get gravy, don't they?

Don't ask a cat to save you, they'll just look at you as if you're crazy. A dog will build a raft and organise a large group of ferrets to help pull it across a lake to get you. :p

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
The problem with a kitten is that
One day it becomes a cat
--Ogden Nash

Attachments

• ognash.jpg
    ognash.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 255

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
xsedrinam said:
The problem with a kitten is that
One day it becomes a cat
--Ogden Nash
Didn't somebody also say, "There's a reason we call ugly women dogs ..." :p

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
I own 3 dogs. I like cat's and dogs. But if I had to choose only 1, it'd be a dog because they are more playful. *goes and plays with one of the dogs*

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
Dog all the way!! I have a pure bread West highland White Terrier and i love this dog. She was actually our first pet and we got her in 2000. Today is actaully her birtday, she is a new years dog.

We do have one cat that my mom and sis love but seeing as dad and i are alergic to cats it does not stay inside a lot. Only when it gets really cold outside does it get to come in. It really is a fat spoiled cat for being an outside one.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
I'd take in a stray cat if I couldn't find another home for it (I've fallen for that trick a few times already), but wouldn't go out of my way to get one. Most of them don't seem very interested in being around people, and I can do without the litterbox experience.

For dogs? I'll fall for the most implausible hard luck stories and take them home and feed them and hug them and squeeze them and call them George. Most of them seem to enjoy being a part of a family, and they're willing to poop outside and feed the lawn.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.