Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
just wondering since i like my jailbreak and ios 7.0.5 has just been released....and in 15 hours im replacing my iphone for warrenty.(yes yes it will be empty and restored when arrived)

so yeah, when does apple install new firmwares on new and or/refurbished phones?

ugcop

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Traveling @ Warp Speed ...... USA
The update is only available for some models of the iPhone 5s and 5c sold in China and some European/Asia Pacific iPhone models compatible with China's networks (those that are identified as iPhone 5,4 and 6,2):

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I have read (recently) of people replacing their 5 and still having 6.x.x on it. My feeling is that replacements are shipped with whatever was the newest firmware just before shipping. From there they are never updated again, except by their future end user.

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
I have read (recently) of people replacing their 5 and still having 6.x.x on it. My feeling is that replacements are shipped with whatever was the newest firmware just before shipping. From there they are never updated again, except by their future end user.

sounds good. i guess im save for less then 24 hours...just restored my iphone 5s to get the jailbreak off....now ios 7.0.5 is installed. hope for the best haha.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
sounds good. i guess im save for less then 24 hours...just restored my iphone 5s to get the jailbreak off....now ios 7.0.5 is installed. hope for the best haha.

Did they stop signing 7.0.4? usually they don't immediately stop signing the previous firmware. (They may have done, I am just asking)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.