Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harry*333

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
So I received my new-to-me 24" LED Cinema Display today and first things I'm doing is checking everything for functionality before my return period runs out. The display works fine, however I cannot get any other feature to work. iSight camera isn't recognized, neither are the speakers. Plugging a flash drive into the USB ports doesn't cause any reaction. The flash drive isn't even getting power. So the big question, is this ACD broken? Or do I need to perform a firmware update? Or is it a Mavericks issue?

Only other strange thing is that the brightness control does not appear in preferences, though I believe that the brightness control is over the mDP cable so this leads me to thinking its a software issue.

Before anyone asks, yes I am plugging in the USB cable. And I've tried both ports on my MBA.

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
So I received my new-to-me 24" LED Cinema Display today and first things I'm doing is checking everything for functionality before my return period runs out. The display works fine, however I cannot get any other feature to work. iSight camera isn't recognized, neither are the speakers. Plugging a flash drive into the USB ports doesn't cause any reaction. The flash drive isn't even getting power. So the big question, is this ACD broken? Or do I need to perform a firmware update? Or is it a Mavericks issue?

Only other strange thing is that the brightness control does not appear in preferences, though I believe that the brightness control is over the mDP cable so this leads me to thinking its a software issue.

Before anyone asks, yes I am plugging in the USB cable. And I've tried both ports on my MBA.

Feels like the USB connector on the monitor (cable not hub) is gone, as brightness goes via the USB, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.