Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nsomnia34

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2012
Can someone tell me a step by step way of changing icons on my i5 on 7.04? I knew there was a way before with putting them in a folder in WB but I cant remember how to do it nor if it works with ios 7. Its a pain to go into every app and change them that way especially when Im going between 3 different themes. Thanks for your help.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Can someone tell me a step by step way of changing icons on my i5 on 7.04? I knew there was a way before with putting them in a folder in WB but I cant remember how to do it nor if it works with ios 7. Its a pain to go into every app and change them that way especially when Im going between 3 different themes. Thanks for your help.

You would need the CFBundle name and the app icon name and such

I'd suggest installing a theme, browse to /var/mobile/stash/themes.xxx and analyze the theme layout and learn from that

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010

IconBundles is what you're referring to I think...

Nsomnia34

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2012
You would need the CFBundle name and the app icon name and such

I'd suggest installing a theme, browse to /var/mobile/stash/themes.xxx and analyze the theme layout and learn from that

Sorry Im still a bit rusty since I lost my ios 6 jb MONTHS ago. I create a folder in themes named the theme I want to use. Inside the folder I put the CFBundle name and the icon name?

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Sorry Im still a bit rusty since I lost my ios 6 jb MONTHS ago. I create a folder in themes named the theme I want to use. Inside the folder I put the CFBundle name and the icon name?

The folder is the CFBundle name and inside the folder is the icon name image

As I said, I think it would be easier if you installed a theme and took a look at the file structure of it and learn from it

Saves you the trouble of looking for the CFBundle name too (kind of)

dmick89

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2013
I did this yesterday actually. I wanted to replace a few of the ayecon icons. I used dmick89 as theme name and inside the Bundles folder I copied some folders from Ayecon and replaced the images. I set it with highest priority on WB and after respringing the icon was there, but it was on top of the Ayecon icon. Why did this happen?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I did this yesterday actually. I wanted to replace a few of the ayecon icons. I used dmick89 as theme name and inside the Bundles folder I copied some folders from Ayecon and replaced the images. I set it with highest priority on WB and after respringing the icon was there, but it was on top of the Ayecon icon. Why did this happen?

could you rephrase your information? I'm having a bit of trouble following your problem

dmick89

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2013
could you rephrase your information? I'm having a bit of trouble following your problem

Sorry about that. I created a folder in the Themes folder called dmick89. Inside that I put the Bundles folder and in there I pasted the phone folder I copied from the Ayecon theme. I replaced the images with the ones I wanted to use. Then I set dmick89 as the theme with the highest priority. After respring the new icon showed up, but the Ayecon phone icon was still visible. It was underneath my new icon.

Is that better?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Sorry about that. I created a folder in the Themes folder called dmick89. Inside that I put the Bundles folder and in there I pasted the phone folder I copied from the Ayecon theme. I replaced the images with the ones I wanted to use. Then I set dmick89 as the theme with the highest priority. After respring the new icon showed up, but the Ayecon phone icon was still visible. It was underneath my new icon.

Is that better?

yes, that makes sense now

it's because the icon you were using is smaller than what the app icon should be so then the ayecon one showed up in the background

one way to work around that would be inthe ayecon theme folder, change the CFBundle name

for example, let's say it was

com.saurik.cydia

change to something like
com.saurik.cydia_

dmick89

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2013
I thought of that, but wouldn't that folder be overwritten if or when Ayecon is updated?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I guess I'm not sure. Wrong information. Thanks a lot for the help here.

Oh, misread your question a bit

The folder you renamed won't be overwritten but a new folder will be made

Let's say you renamed to com.saurik.cydia_

When you update ayecon, you'll have both a com.saurik.cydia and com.saurik.cydia_

charlestx

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2013
Florida
Is it possible to make the calendar icon bigger than all other icons through iFile? Is so can you explain how and where I could do it please.

charlestx

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2013
Florida
what do you mean by make it bigger?

I want to resize the icon so that it stands out, as it is in the middle of the five icon dock. I am using Springtomize 3 with coverflow. I was hoping to do it manually then I do not need to wait for the tweak Cascade.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I want to resize the icon so that it stands out, as it is in the middle of the five icon dock. I am using Springtomize 3 with coverflow. I was hoping to do it manually then I do not need to wait for the tweak Cascade.

I don't think there's a manual way to change the icon mask of only one icon but not the rest

Even manually can't be done since the icon mask is located in the .artwork file

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.