Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

urbanmojo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
I am Mountain Lion 10.8.5.

This is a common problem, but couldn't find any answers specific to Mountain Lion or my exact problem.

I wanted to see folder sizes in Finder, which is turned off by default. I went into "Show View Options" and then checked "Calculate All Sizes". I then click on "Use as Defaults" button, which goes from black to gray when I click it.

I would assume "Use As Defaults" would apply for the entire hard drive. But it seems to be applied randomly. Some folders have sizes, some don't. Sometimes folders will not have the size shown but subfolders will.

Any ideas?

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I would assume "Use As Defaults" would apply for the entire hard drive. But it seems to be applied randomly. Some folders have sizes, some don't. Sometimes folders will not have the size shown but subfolders will.

Any ideas?
"Use As Defaults" will work for every folder that you haven't already specified custom options for. You probably need to reset the options individually for those folders that aren't behaving as you desire.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.