Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robo44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2013
Hi has anyone been having problems when you get a drop down menu ?
Let me try to explain,
If i go on ebay and want a phone case i have to select the colour and type, when i select the colour all is ok but when i then select the type it won't let me select anything.
The only way it to re-load the page but then it does the same.
I have been having this problem for a while now and wondered if i am on my own or it is a software problem which i am guessing it is.
If i use my iPhone i have no problems at all so i know its not the site.

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
Hi has anyone been having problems when you get a drop down menu ?
Let me try to explain,
If i go on ebay and want a phone case i have to select the colour and type, when i select the colour all is ok but when i then select the type it won't let me select anything.
The only way it to re-load the page but then it does the same.
I have been having this problem for a while now and wondered if i am on my own or it is a software problem which i am guessing it is.
If i use my iPhone i have no problems at all so i know its not the site.

Safari sometimes has problems with HTML5 sites.

Try using Firefox instead, it always works flawlessly.

Never use Chrome, it's a resource hog and Google also snoops your browsing history and internet activity in Chrome to target ads at you.

robo44

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2013
Safari sometimes has problems with HTML5 sites.

Try using Firefox instead, it always works flawlessly.

Never use Chrome, it's a resource hog and Google also snoops your browsing history and internet activity in Chrome to target ads at you.

Im not using chrome but when i had a pc i always used firefox and used it when i first got my Mac but had numerous problems so went back to safari.
What is strange is that it has only started doing this the last month or so so it has to be when the last update came out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.