Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAPOL

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2012
I dont know.
Omg, i woke up, turned on my iphone and the screen was like this... Wtf just happened??? The great part about this story is that there is no apple store in my stupid country, i bought it two weeks ago in miami (vacations).

Any help would be appreciated. I'm screwed big time..

image.jpg

It looks lime humidity, i ' ve never experienced this in any electronic device. Maybe was the air conditioner? I dont know. :(

(its not water, i check the sim tray where the white dots should appear if water touches the device and they were not activated.)

Last edited:

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
You keep saying it's not water by saying the water sensor is not triggered. That's two different things and makes me think you are not being straight up. I've seen water damage firsthand and I've seen pictures of water damage. Your picture looks like water damage or pressure damage.

With that said, was the screen in perfect condition, you rebooted (and why?) and the screen looked like this? And you are saying the phone has not been near any water, condensing humidity, extreme change in temperature, not in a gym bag / sauna / cargo hold of an airplane / etc. Or did you sit or step on it, have it in checked luggage, etc.?

I'll believe you if you say it "just happened" but I won't have an explanation.

MacAPOL

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2012
I dont know.
You keep saying it's not water by saying the water sensor is not triggered. That's two different things and makes me think you are not being straight up. I've seen water damage firsthand and I've seen pictures of water damage. Your picture looks like water damage or pressure damage.

With that said, was the screen in perfect condition, you rebooted (and why?) and the screen looked like this? And you are saying the phone has not been near any water, condensing humidity, extreme change in temperature, not in a gym bag / sauna / cargo hold of an airplane / etc. Or did you sit or step on it, have it in checked luggage, etc.?

I'll believe you if you say it "just happened" but I won't have an explanation.

We are having extreme hot days in my living area and the last days were really moisture (idk if its the right word), i woke up today, boot it and the screen was lime this, i think that its because of the weather plus maybe the air conditioner, because i really take care of this phone. If it is moisture i hope to go away within the next days, if not i will take it to an official apple reseller that has technical service, but i will have to pay too much money (because here its nearly illegal having apple products) a shame really.

MacAPOL

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2012
I dont know.
Whats the screen look like during normal use?

Its the same, it has that splashes all over the screen. I will wait till monday :s

----------

Can you explain this part?

Since last president assume her role, she started to forbid foreign brands to enter the country, she banned them. Thats why like half of the companies left the country last year. If you buy an apple product from other country you must pay an absurd fee otherwise ypu could be accused for contraband, althoughnyou are buying the phone for yourself. That is because the government doesnt allow for foreign companies to sell more than local ones. Even buying dollars is restricted and forbbiden since 2013. If you need to buy dollars for travelling you need to look for the "illegal" places where you cAn get them but at a higher price. Its all messed up, people are leaving every day. (Im talking about argentina and our adorable /s president cristina kirchner)

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
We are having extreme hot days in my living area and the last days were really moisture (idk if its the right word), i woke up today, boot it and the screen was lime this, i think that its because of the weather plus maybe the air conditioner, because i really take care of this phone. If it is moisture i hope to go away within the next days, if not i will take it to an official apple reseller that has technical service, but i will have to pay too much money (because here its nearly illegal having apple products) a shame really.

Yikes. All I can tell you is that I sent my kid's iPod (4th generation) through the washer and the screen looked similar. After a day or two it dried out and looked normal and did not affect the touch screen at all. Good luck and I hope it returns to normal!

I was afraid that you turned it on after your flight and it was damaged by temperature or pressure or being crushed.

MacAPOL

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2012
I dont know.
Yikes. All I can tell you is that I sent my kid's iPod (4th generation) through the washer and the screen looked similar. After a day or two it dried out and looked normal and did not affect the touch screen at all. Good luck and I hope it returns to normal!

I was afraid that you turned it on after your flight and it was damaged by temperature or pressure or being crushed.

I hope to get your same luck, today is better from 90% of the screen covered with that splashes today is like 70%, i hope to dry out by next week.

Thank you.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Its the same, it has that splashes all over the screen. I will wait till monday :s

----------

Since last president assume her role, she started to forbid foreign brands to enter the country, she banned them. Thats why like half of the companies left the country last year. If you buy an apple product from other country you must pay an absurd fee otherwise ypu could be accused for contraband, althoughnyou are buying the phone for yourself. That is because the government doesnt allow for foreign companies to sell more than local ones. Even buying dollars is restricted and forbbiden since 2013. If you need to buy dollars for travelling you need to look for the "illegal" places where you cAn get them but at a higher price. Its all messed up, people are leaving every day. (Im talking about argentina and our adorable /s president cristina kirchner)

when did she forbid it & law? como se llama esa ley o mas informacion sobre este tema? Lo que habia escuchado era por razones de desconfianza en el clima de negocios, nunca habia escuchado de una prohibicion de productos extranjeros?

Tu cel lo mas prob esta lleno de humedad de a/c, por dejarlo en el bano, etc

Also there is no dollar prohibition... you can exchange it for travels etc, no? of course illegal places will give you better rates, but you can get them legal too. You can't have a bank account with dollars or buy stuff in argentina with dollars afaik though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.