Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
I'm facing a strange behaviour of the status bar icons not being white anymore.

On homescreen the icons for 'Mute' and 'DND' have changed to appear in a dark gray.
On lockscreen the 'Mute' icon is gray (as on homescreen) with the 'DND' icon being white but switching to gray once unlocked to homescreen.

To make it even more strange, the 'Airplane Mode' icon is still unaffected (i.e. white) on lockscreen and homescreen.

The only status bar related tweak installed is 'MuteIcon' but I'm pretty sure that the 'gray out' of the 'DND' icon was already there prior to this installation.
Nevertheless I removed 'MuteIcon' to recheck but 'DND' icon remains dark gray.

Any suggestions where this comes from and how to solve?

thx,
Henry

Last edited:

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I think there's a problem with muteicon, it doesn't change color properly

About the DND icon, I think it was dark grey even before jailbreaking. Or do you remember that it wasn't when you were not jailbroken yet?

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
You're probably right.

Not 100% sure about DND but it might be dark gray from the very beginning (no idea about vanilla 7.0.4 as JB was implemented to the devices immediately :D)
But I'm 100% sure that the mute icon wasn't dark gray from the beginning.

Maybe this came with the latest update of MuteIcon a few days ago.

In the meantime I've also discovered that the mute icon provided with the temporary mute function in 'Ringer&Tones' is displayed white as supposed to be.

So, most likely a glitch within MuteIcon - hopefully fixed in the next update...

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
You're probably right.

Not 100% sure about DND but it might be dark gray from the very beginning (no idea about vanilla 7.0.4 as JB was implemented to the devices immediately :D)
But I'm 100% sure that the mute icon wasn't dark gray from the beginning.

Maybe this came with the latest update of MuteIcon a few days ago.

In the meantime I've also discovered that the mute icon provided with the temporary mute function in 'Ringer&Tones' is displayed white as supposed to be.

So, most likely a glitch within MuteIcon - hopefully fixed in the next update...

Yea. It's the muteicon update that changed it

Deetlebug89

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2014
I have this problem also but I have found that bloard ( the black keyboard app in cydia) was responsible and after a respring they will go back to the original color but I expect a update soon because over time it happens over and over again but I just leave it alone anymore because even tho I can't see the icons I know where try are and what they do so I just deal with it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.