Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digitalove

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Is it possible? Because I bought an iPad from a guy.
The model is the one of the 1st iPad mini retina but in the package it appears the iOS 7 graphic (it's still packed).

So I was wondering if he was just trying to let me think it's the mini retina or if its ok.

PS: do also 1st generation iPad mini ships with iOS 7 already? is it possible in the most recent?

Thanks

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
The model is the one of the 1st iPad mini retina but in the package it appears the iOS 7 graphic (it's still packed).

So I was wondering if he was just trying to let me think it's the mini retina or if its ok.

PS: do also 1st generation iPad mini ships with iOS 7 already? is it possible in the most recent?

Thanks

Yes, the non-retina mini boxes show iOS 7 on the front now (and they come with iOS 7).

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012

Thanks

Confused. What did he tell you it was?

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
Look at the description on the back of the box, it clearly tells you if it is a regular mini on a retina display.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
Yes, as other have mentioned, the first gen iPad minis without retina display now have iOS7 on the image on the box and also have iOS 7 already installed. I just purchased a first gen white iPad mini yesterday new from Best Buy and this is how it was packaged. Also, a few other differentiators for the first gens that Apple is now selling as opposed to those they sold prior to the release of iOS 7: the slate version is now Space Gray, the word "iPad" on the rear shell of both the white and the black models is printed/ etched in matte gray instead of being shiny and polished as on the previous versions, and the Apple logos on both colors are now liquid metal inserts instead of being simply polished into the aluminum. There may be some other very minor differences, but these are what I have noticed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.