Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
And really like it. I have never had an issue with touchwiz but wanted to try a launcher as it seems most seem to have this. Any other features that make this better than touchwiz?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
And really like it. I have never had an issue with touchwiz but wanted to try a launcher as it seems most seem to have this. Any other features that make this better than touchwiz?

Well Nova prime is worth the extra.

Change folders / customise dock / keep translucent notification bar but emulate the look of stock kitkat fully. Change icon sizes, change icon themes etc...

negatives....

S-Planner widget and a number of other Samsung Touchwiz widgets don't work properly on it.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Yeah just Downloaded prime version to give that a go. I do like the option of having 16 apps on each page if I do choose

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Install TeslaUnread to add unread counts to some badges (SMS, phones, email, gmail). I also set up a few gestures to quick launch certain apps or functions.

NOVA was usually the first app installed on any of my Android phones/tablets, even those running stock Android--love the added customization and functionality.

verpeiler

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2013
Munich, Germany
Install TeslaUnread to add unread counts to some badges (SMS, phones, email, gmail). I also set up a few gestures to quick launch certain apps or functions.

NOVA was usually the first app installed on any of my Android phones/tablets, even those running stock Android--love the added customization and functionality.

Can't get it to work with stock e-mail, only gmail and some other clients supported. What did I do wrong? :-(

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
Can't get it to work with stock e-mail, only gmail and some other clients supported. What did I do wrong? :-(

Works great with mine. Have you tried clearing the cache in application manager? Or maybe you just don't have any unread mail :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-04-09-19-16.png
    Screenshot_2014-02-04-09-19-16.png
    971.8 KB · Views: 142

Stuntman06

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Metro Vancouver, B.C, Canada
I use Nova launcher because I can get rid of that annoying dock at the bottom and replace it with more rows of screen objects. My home screens are 6 rows by 4 columns on my SGS3. I also like the infinite scroll through my home screens. The different animations are cool as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.