Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bones13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
I got an email from Apple today about my shipping status.

"alright" I said!

The email went on to tell me that my nMP, listed as shipping in February since I ordered it on opening day, was indeed available for shipping in February.

What should have been a 'make your day' email was pretty much a let down.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood

"alright" I said!

The email went on to tell me that my nMP, listed as shipping in February since I ordered it on opening day, was indeed available for shipping in February.

Ditto

deconstruct60

macrumors G5
Mar 10, 2009
I got an email from Apple today about my shipping status....

Probably sent as a reminder to some folks not to use up the remaining credit limit on the card they used as a source of funds on some other new tech they would like to buy. Likewise a reminder to check any other finance mechanism that had set up.

I'm sure Apple has had some limited number of shipments bounce because can't bill more than 30 days later. Not sure who this will be so they do broad spectrum mailing.

JFR0317

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2005
Houston
I got the same email this morning, even though I got an email yesterday telling me it had been shipped. I had to recheck the tracking info after that to confirm I wasn't imaging things with the shipping notice. It is out for delivery this afternoon.:D

TjeuV

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2011
Belgium
This is just another disappointment. Mine is listed for february as well but no email so that means it'll be last week of february probably? Goddammit. Two months for a computer to be shipped.:mad:

Jupeman

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
I received the same heart-rate inducing email to only be let down when I realized it basically said nothing. It did drive me to login here to see if this might have meant anything (ie., shipping in a week or whatever) based on those who I remember receiving these letters back in December.

Btw, I was a Dec 20 order.

Last edited:

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Will they send you another email before they charge the card and ship it?

"Thank you for your recent order. We know you’re excited to get started with your new Mac Pro, so we’d like to give you a quick update on the status of your order.

Your Mac Pro is scheduled to ship in February. When it does ship, we’ll email you with a more specific delivery date.

For the most up-to-date delivery information, visit Order Status on the Apple Online Store. If you have an iOS device, you can check your order status using the Apple Store app for iPad or iPhone.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting the new Mac Pro to you as soon as possible.

The Apple Online Store"

spaz8

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2007
I haven't gotten an email yet.. in week 4 (jan 6) of processing items - shipping in February. I guess there are still lots of Dec 19 orders still not filled :(

Looks like I may not get it by Valentines day.. (6 weeks) which I thought was a conservative timeline.

analog guy

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
got that email (those following the order thread are familiar with this from the january orders) -- but one of my feb orders (ordered 1/2) has already shipped!

the left hand is not talking to the right.

Don909

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2009
I got the email and ordered Jan 6. I predict a Feb. 20 delivery. I have to believe the backlog is decreasing for such an expensive product.

seisend

Suspended
Feb 20, 2009
Switzerland
I ordered on the 19th at 6:45 AM PST. I'm in the february slot but didn't get any mail. I hope my mac pro gets shipped within the next few days, though.

:apple:

greenmeanie

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2005
AmigaWarez
I also received that email.
It will be nice to get rid of my Hackintosh.

"alright" I said!

hkoster1

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
The Netherlands
Last of the "January" nMPs now operational.

My stock QC/12/256/D300 nMP shipped on 31 January 5:15PM CST arrived on 4 February, 3 days earlier then promised. (Well done TNT Express!) This machine is indeed whisper-quiet. Spent the rest of the day setting it up, including a couple of VMware Fusion VMs running Debian GNU/Linux. Today, popped in a Crucial 32GB (2x 16GB) RAM kit, so I'm all set for a while. It was worth the wait. :apple:

violst

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
I just got the same email today. I feel like Apple just punked me!

Basically the email said "Hey we haven't forgotten about you but we still have nothing for you. Keep waiting"

OldCodger73

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2013
Seattle area
No email here. Ordered a CTO at 1:20PM PST December 19. I hope it arrives sooner but am resigned to the fact that it'll be the end of the month before it's shipped. Sigh.

WSR

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2011
I haven't received any emails from Apple, but I did get an email Monday(2/3/14) night from my credit card to validate the purchase.

Right now, it is a pending transaction. Meaning the funds have been removed from "Available", but haven't been added to my current balance.

Apple is still listing mine as "Processing Order".

On the good new, since I seem to be the only one that ordered on the release day to get a "Available Mar. 5", maybe mine will be available in February. It seems that doing "Ship to store" does take longer.

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
So you have 2 4s and 2 16s? I read there is a performance hit if you don't have the same size sticks and all 4 banks filled. I assume its not an issue or Apple would not ship the base config with 3 4s.

Sorry don't mean to get off topic here.

My stock QC/12/256/D300 nMP shipped on 31 January 5:15PM CST arrived on 4 February, 3 days earlier then promised. (Well done TNT Express!) This machine is indeed whisper-quiet. Spent the rest of the day setting it up, including a couple of VMware Fusion VMs running Debian GNU/Linux. Today, popped in a Crucial 32GB (2x 16GB) RAM kit, so I'm all set for a while. It was worth the wait. :apple:

Merlin65

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2014
Depressing the number of people with 19th Dec orders who have heard nothing. Even more depressing as I ordered mine on the 24th Dec.

Can't wait to open the box but this is a long wait.

hkoster1

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
The Netherlands
So you have 2 4s and 2 16s? I read there is a performance hit if you don't have the same size sticks and all 4 banks filled. I assume its not an issue or Apple would not ship the base config with 3 4s.

Sorry don't mean to get off topic here.
Sorry, it was me who posted in the wrong thread... I removed the original 3x 4 GB and substituted 2x 16GB RAM (registered, ECC) sticks. System report shows slots 3 and 4 filled. There's no need to have all slots filled, I can upgrade to 48 or even 64 GB later, using the same 16 GB sticks (since they're registered, which is a requirement for 64 GB).:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.