Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ominx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I've been waiting for this update. It's completely rewritten for iOS 7 and makes use of the stock weather app for all lock screen weather data. There are a few bugs but it is perfectly usable and definitely more stable and functions than any of the other HTML lock screens (GroovyLock, Cydget, etc.) I've tried with weather widgets. Also while the weather animations across the LS and SB are really really cool, I have yet to determine the impact to battery life.

Link to Forecast: http://modmyi.com/info/forecast.d.php

Screenshots:

IMG_2322.PNG

IMG_2323.PNG

Last edited:

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
Hmm...animate weather appears to be non functional on my 5S. No biggie and still worth a buck but working animations would be huge.

ominx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Hmm...animate weather appears to be non functional on my 5S. No biggie and still worth a buck but working animations would be huge.

That sucks. They are pretty sweet. But I've noticed they are wrong here and there, but I'm sure that could be fixed. I'm using an iPhone 5.

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
Works on my 5S. Animate Wallpaper is checked? Do you have any other lockscreen tweaks installed?

Good idea but no go. I removed customLS and ran iCleaner Pro after. Still no animations. Going to go out on a limb and assume it's because I'm running 7.1 and spoofed to 7.0.4 if it's working for you.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
I've been waiting for this update. It's completely rewritten for iOS 7 and makes use of the stock weather app for all lock screen weather data. There are a few bugs but it is perfectly usable and definitely more stable and functions than any of the other HTML lock screens (GroovyLock, Cydget, etc.) I've tried with weather widgets. Also while the weather animations across the LS and SB are really really cool, I have yet to determine the impact to battery life.

Link to Forecast: http://modmyi.com/info/forecast.d.php

Screenshots:

View attachment 459664

View attachment 459665

What font are we seeing here?

----------

My camera grabber disappeared when I installed this.

ominx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Says that it only works with fontswap. :(

No I have it with BytaFont 2. The exact name is: Avenir Font iOS 7

----------

Does anyone know how often it updates? I see no setting for this.

It uses the first location in the stock weather app or current location if you have location services enabled for the weather app.

So it updated when the weather app updates.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Says that it only works with fontswap. :(

----------

Does anyone know how often it updates? I see no setting for this.

I typed it exactly like you have it and there's nothing there. What repo is it in?

----------

No I have it with BytaFont 2. The exact name is: Avenir Font iOS 7

----------

It uses the first location in the stock weather app or current location if you have location services enabled for the weather app.

So it updated when the weather app updates.

No, I understand that, but how often does it look for your location and update the lock screen? This was a setting in the iOS 6 version.

I see the location icon coming on at random times. Just wondering how often it updates.

ominx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I typed it exactly like you have it and there's nothing there. What repo is it in?

----------

No, I understand that, but how often does it look for your location and update the lock screen? This was a setting in the iOS 6 version.

I see the location icon coming on at random times. Just wondering how often it updates.

Here's the repo for Avenir: http://www.zodttd.com/repo/cydia/

I'm still not getting your question. It doesn't poll your location since it's using the data right from the weather app. So it's updated when the weather app is updated. I'm not sure how often that is but if you have background refresh set to on for the weather app, I'm guessing pretty frequently.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
Forecast updated for iOS 7

Here's the repo http://www.zodttd.com/repo/cydia/

I'm still not getting your question. It's is updated when the weather app is updated. I'm not sure how often that is but if you have background refresh set to on for the weather app, I'm guessing pretty frequently.

I don't have back ground refresh on at all. Weird how I still see the status bar come on at random.

I also have that repo installed. Going to delete it and reinstall it.

----------

Still not showing up. So weird.

ominx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I don't have back ground refresh on at all. Weird how I still see the status bar come on at random.

----------

Sorry I'm an idiot. I forgot I manually installed it. I forget where but I'll look and post tomorrow.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012

----------

avenir for ios 7 was pulled from one of the default repos for some reason a while ago

edit: if you know how to install it the "manual" way: https://twitter.com/dbk1ng/status/425130615386566656

Asator

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2011
Australia
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.