Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samth3mancgp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2012
So my 32GB iPhone 4S that I've had since November 2011 running iOS 7.0.4 is having a crazy problem where it shows more free space than is possible to have.

I keep lots of music on my phone and consistently dump my photos off the phone or have them backup to Dropbox in order to save space. There's almost 25GB of music on it. Check out this picture though....

a3uzy9ub.jpg

It shows WAY more free space than is possible to have if that much music really is on there.. Now everything on the phone works fine EXCEPT a good portion of the music which randomly skips songs. For example I will try and play a song and it will just skip through a bunch of them like they are corrupted or something until it finds one that will play properly?? In my LouderLogic player, it will sometimes play a few seconds of some songs and then automatically skip to the next one and that one may skip, etc. I feel like maybe my music library has become corrupt??

Has anybody seen anything like this before with their iPhones? It bothers me a lot when it skips over a bunch of songs in a row.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help. I have tried syncing, restoring from a backup (which I understand doesn't affect the music library), restarting the phone many times, etc.

I am considering formatting the entire thing and starting over. Restore from my backup, and then build the music library up again. Good idea? Or is there a better fix?

-Sam

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.