Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jennconducts@ho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2004
Hi again everyone. I hope that you're having a great New Year.

I have a question about sorting tunes. Obviously, I'm missing something rather basic!

I mostly listen to Classical music, so multi-movement works take some tweeking when I rip a CD into ITunes in order to get the movements in the correct order. I get them in the right order in ITunes and then when I move them to the iPod in ITunes, they remain in the correct order. BUT, when I look on the actual iPod, the movements are out of order. Shouldn't the order on the 'pod be the same as in the 'pod window in ITunes?

Sorry for the dumb question, and thanks for any help.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Select the playlist. And then automatically organize the songs by artist, song name, album, tracks, etc. by selecting the column headers, or choosing the first column and manually re-arranging the tracks yourself.

Right click on the playlist and choose "Copy To Play Order". Select the first column in the song list with the arrow pointed up, and that shows you the order in which the songs will be played on your iPod.

Here's to the Crazy Ones

jennconducts@ho

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2004
Lacero said:
Select the playlist. And then automatically organize the songs by artist, song name, album, tracks, etc. by selecting the column headers, or choosing the first column and manually re-arranging the tracks yourself.

Right click on the playlist and choose "Copy To Play Order". Select the first column in the song list with the arrow pointed up, and that shows you the order in which the songs will be played on your iPod.

Here's to the Crazy Ones

Many thanks! That did it. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.