Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lonegeek

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
IF they do announce macs with intel processors at MWSF, how soon do you think it would be until they are release? I'm very close to being able to afford the 600 mini..I dont want to end up waiting around for a upgraded mini or a cheaper ibook..... ANy one have ideas as to a release date? WWDC 2006?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
lonegeek said:
IF they do announce macs with intel processors at MWSF, how soon do you think it would be until they are release? I'm very close to being able to afford the 600 mini..I dont want to end up waiting around for a upgraded mini or a cheaper ibook..... ANy one have ideas as to a release date? WWDC 2006?

No real way to know until the event. You're looking at two variables, which makes it even worse - if they release them and when they'll be available.

If you have the money now, hold on to it - you'll have more information in one week. Even with all the rumors you never what will happen and it would be silly to buy something now.

D

lonegeek

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Well definatley...I'm still about 100 short so... Yeah Im only 14 so itll be a bit till i get it..Im gonna try to sell some old computers i have and a box of other junk to the local computer shop...

So Yes... 7 days till MWSF ... How long is it usually till they release a product after announcement?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
lonegeek said:
Well definatley...I'm still about 100 short so... Yeah Im only 14 so itll be a bit till i get it..Im gonna try to sell some old computers i have and a box of other junk to the local computer shop...

So Yes... 7 days till MWSF ... How long is it usually till they release a product after announcement?

Depends on the product - some are available right away and others require a wait. Most likely the Mactels will have a little wait (week to a month) - with the lower end versions arriving before the higher end versions (that's my guesstimation based on previous new architecture releases). And that could all be wrong - can't promise anything - but good luck on the purchase.

D

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I think Mr. Anderson is right. Usually they start taking orders as soon as the Keynote is over. Some things start shipping the day of the keynote, the Mac mini and iPod shuffle were both like that IIRC. Other things don't ship for quite a while. It seems like Aperture didn't really start shipping until 6 weeks after it was announced. I'm planning to order a mini on the day of the KeyNote if it goes Intel or gets a DVR (or both).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.