Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Feb 6, 2014, 09:55 PM   #26
hieubui.rtz
macrumors newbie

Please, are we still seeing thumbnails after swtiching apps on beta 5? The delay is really frustrating to me
hieubui.rtz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 04:14 AM   #27
loveyou4e
macrumors newbie

Voice control button isn't transpence :d
loveyou4e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 04:54 AM   #28
jonasdamn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by petvas View Post
I have the beta on my iPad Air and my iPhone 5S. It is really very stable. No reboots, no Safari crashes, everything works great.
I think Apple fans will be extremely pleased with it.
what about tabs reloading? is it fixed?
jonasdamn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 04:57 AM   #29
Prabas
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasdamn View Post
It depends on how much free RAM is available. It may reload tabs if the amount is insufficient.
Prabas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 05:05 AM   #30
TC03
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabas View Post
It depends on how much free RAM is available. It may reload tabs if the amount is insufficient.
Yeah well on 7.0.x you can hardly load more than two tabs no matter what. That has nothing to do with ram, just bad memory management. I reckon that's fixed, right? Otherwise it'd be a crucial fail.
TC03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 09:52 AM   #31
petvas
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to petvas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasdamn View Post
No. It's a little bit better but not fixed. As far as I can remember we always had this issue (more or less) in previous iOS versions too..
If I have nothing else loaded, I can successfully open 4 tabs with the following sites: the verge, apple insider, spiegel.de and yahoo.com without refreshing.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:20 AM   #32
livit
macrumors member

Sounds great.

I really look forward to not having a battery that sometimes jump from 45% to 20% in 2 minutes.

Also, my iPhone 5 quite often goes from 15% to turning off, as if battery was depleted.

Hurry up Apple!
livit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:32 AM   #33
imaginex20
macrumors 6502a

Beta 5 is the most stable iOS 7.1 build so far. Beta 3 seemed ok with a few crashes here and there but beta 4 crashed a lot. I seem to think GM should be out in a week or two. I have not had an app crash on me yet...
imaginex20 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:36 AM   #34
Prabas
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by livit View Post
Sounds great.

I really look forward to not having a battery that sometimes jump from 45% to 20% in 2 minutes.

Also, my iPhone 5 quite often goes from 15% to turning off, as if battery was depleted.

Hurry up Apple!
It's not iOS' fault. How do I know that? I've experienced the same thing for the last two or more weeks. So I took my iPhone 5 for a checkup (it was over one year old). Battery was great, out of 1440mAh I had 1180mAh left, it is pretty great.

Today they told me that there was a problem with charging, thus they replaced my old iPhone with a new one.

My advice to you is to restore your phone as new to 7.0.4 to check if it is really hardware problem and then take it to Apple, if you have warranty.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 02:44 PM   #35
jj03
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyyankou View Post
Agreed! Battery is a big improvement too. Can't wait for the GM!!!
Thats good news have you found real improvement in the battery life while using the IOS 7.1? As this is what i am most concerned about can you please share.
jj03 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2014, 07:55 AM   #36
livit
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabas View Post
It's not iOS' fault. How do I know that? I've experienced the same thing for the last two or more weeks. So I took my iPhone 5 for a checkup (it was over one year old). Battery was great, out of 1440mAh I had 1180mAh left, it is pretty great.

Today they told me that there was a problem with charging, thus they replaced my old iPhone with a new one.

My advice to you is to restore your phone as new to 7.0.4 to check if it is really hardware problem and then take it to Apple, if you have warranty.
I'm planning on returning it because of great deals of dust in the camera anyways, but I'll this to the repair list, so I'll hopefully get a new one.

Thanks
livit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2014, 08:50 AM   #37
Defender2010
macrumors 68000

Yes, it is rock solid,,,,and hopefully puts an end to the tonne load of dumb threads people are starting here. Never seen so many silly threads on Macrumors in a long time.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 09:52 AM   #38
leanh1991
macrumors newbie

iOS 7.1 is really what Apple should release in September. Stability and Smoothness have come back to iOS 6 level.

But one thing I don't understand is that older devices such as iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 are still not optimized. Some stuttering animations and battery drain can prove why. You can see a great difference when tap the Search box in iPhone 5, there is a frame drop comparing to a butter smooth animation in iPhone 5S. Hopefully older devices will get proper optimization soon.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk.
leanh1991 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2014, 10:28 AM   #39
Prabas
macrumors 6502

There wasn't enough time..
Old Feb 8, 2014, 10:31 AM   #40
Defender2010
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanh1991 View Post
iOS 7.1 is really what Apple should release in September. Stability and Smoothness have come back to iOS 6 level.

But one thing I don't understand is that older devices such as iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 are still not optimized. Some stuttering animations and battery drain can prove why. You can see a great difference when tap the Search box in iPhone 5, there is a frame drop comparing to a butter smooth animation in iPhone 5S. Hopefully older devices will get proper optimization soon.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk.
The current ios never works as good on older devices as it does on the current most powerful device (5S). It's been like this since the iPhone began. Beta 5 runs great on the 5 though, a few frame drops are to be expected, no? That's the price users pay for not upgrading to the newest device.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 10:36 AM   #41
thejadedmonkey
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to thejadedmonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender2010 View Post
The current ios never works as good on older devices as it does on the current most powerful device (5S). It's been like this since the iPhone began. Beta 5 runs great on the 5 though, a few frame drops are to be expected, no? That's the price users pay for not upgrading to the newest device.
Windows 8 has the same requirements as Windows 7 does, which are the same as Windows Vista. Heck, since Vista to 8.1 the only system requirement change is support for a specific CPU instruction set that was included in most machines made since something like 2005.

Meanwhile on the ARM front, the WP8 OS runs on $40 hardware. Smoothly, without lag or stutter.

If Apple wanted to make iOS 7 work on an iPhone 4 without lag, they could.
experience comes from bad judgment."
- Mulla Nasrudin
thejadedmonkey is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2014, 11:13 AM   #42
leanh1991
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejadedmonkey View Post
Windows 8 has the same requirements as Windows 7 does, which are the same as Windows Vista. Heck, since Vista to 8.1 the only system requirement change is support for a specific CPU instruction set that was included in most machines made since something like 2005.

Meanwhile on the ARM front, the WP8 OS runs on $40 hardware. Smoothly, without lag or stutter.

Well I guess that I will never update iOS again on my 5S. I updated my old 4S a lot and after 2 years I regretted not to stay with iOS 5.
leanh1991 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2014, 11:42 AM   #43
Paddle1
macrumors 65816

Quote:

Windows 8's requirements are not the same as Vista's..... they're slightly higher and Microsoft does not want people to upgrade old PC's to 8.1.
Paddle1 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2014, 12:07 PM   #44
Defender2010
macrumors 68000

Quote:

My point exactly
Old Feb 8, 2014, 12:48 PM   #45
Freida
macrumors 6502a

is the beta 5 on iPhone 4 a bit better than 7.0.4 now? My iPhone 4 is getting so slow that I'm not sure if I'll be able to manage to wait till the iPhone 6.
Freida is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2014, 01:02 PM   #46
deluxeshredder
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddle1 View Post
Windows 8's requirements are not the same as Vista's..... they're slightly higher and Microsoft does not want people to upgrade old PC's to 8.1.
Windows 8 does add the SSE2/PAE/NX requierement, but the vast majority of systems that could run Windows 7 reasonably well meets it.
deluxeshredder is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2014, 01:13 PM   #47
dannyyankou
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
Thats good news have you found real improvement in the battery life while using the IOS 7.1? As this is what i am most concerned about can you please share.
It's back to iOS 6 levels for me, maybe a little better.
dannyyankou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2014, 02:40 PM   #48
CosmoPilot
macrumors 65816

Concur, my battery life is the best it's ever been w/beta 5.
CosmoPilot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2014, 02:57 PM   #49
jr866gooner
macrumors 6502a

Looking the sound of the improvements, not too long to wait!
jr866gooner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2014, 02:58 PM   #50
CEmajr
macrumors 68040

Can't wait for the public release. Browsing on Safari and Multitasking are painful at times on my iPad Mini.
CEmajr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7