Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

mavericks.png
Apple today seeded build 13C53 of OS X 10.9.2 to developers, marking the fifth beta iteration of 10.9.2. The release comes a week after the fourth OS X 10.9.2 beta, build 13C48, and over a month after the first OS X 10.9.2 beta.

The update is available to registered developers through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store as well as through the Mac Dev Center.

Apple continues to ask developers to focus on mail, messages, graphics drivers, VoiceOver, VPN, and SMB2. Earlier betas of OS X 10.9.2 began allowing Mac users to block people on iMessage and FaceTime, as can be done in iOS 7, and also introduced FaceTime Audio.

Article Link: Apple Seeds OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 Build 13C53 to Developers

ZOZO5

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2014
I just want FaceTime Audio, for the various hours of the day where I'm not presentable. :)

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
I just want FaceTime Audio, for the various hours of the day where I'm not presentable. :)

It's such a cool feature - i can call my friends from my Mac, and here them in HD audio. Some of them live in areas where the 3G reception is poor, so this is great when they are connected to wifi.

Nunyabinez

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2010
Provo, UT
I'm anxiously awaiting a fix for mail. I hate to move to something else, but if this update doesn't fix the issues, I'm going to have to go to something else.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Even after you install the neew seed config still nada on the App store. Maybe they pulled it or it ain't ready yet!

It definitely is there. I'm downloading it now through the direct link for the delta.

It wasn't showing in my mac app store before either, so I just used the direct link instead.

It probably will be up on the mac app store later, so either wait till then or else use the direct link.

I was in more of a rush to get it earlier because I won't have time later to get it.

Anyway I apologise to Peace if there was any misunderstanding regarding the direct link. No malice was intended. Previously such direct links have been useful to developers who for some reason have not been able to get their mac app store working correctly for the betas even after installing the seed configuration utility.

Last edited:

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Like everyone else, nada for me. Might take a bit for some, depending on where you are.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
It definitely is there. I'm downloading it now through the direct link.

It wasn't showing in my mac app store before either, so I just used the direct link instead.

It probably will be up on the mac app store later, so either wait till then or else use the direct link.

I was in more of a rush to get it earlier because I won't have time later to get it.

Anyway I apologise to Peace if there was any misunderstanding regarding the direct link. No malice was intended. Previously such direct links have been useful to developers who for some reason have not been able to get their mac app store working correctly for the betas even after installing the seed configuration utility.

Direct links are fine as long as Apple lists the download first.
Posting links to pre-release builds before Apple does isn't a good idea. The build you get through a link "could" be different than the one Apple lists. Even if it comes from Apple servers.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Yeah but there is a way to check this. In the direct link if you change the .pkg extension to .pkm and download the .pkm file, you can check the data in the installer before installing. That's how I knew the build number even before I downloaded the installer.

mikefla

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2011
It definitely is there. I'm downloading it now through the direct link.

What direct link do you speak of? I see no direct link, maybe this thing will be a GM release? There is no link under the Dev site unless there is something in the Dev forum....

-Mike

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
What direct link do you speak of? I see no direct link, maybe this thing will be a GM release? There is no link under the Dev site unless there is something in the Dev forum....

Apple don't put dmg files for the delta or combo on the mac dev center anymore.

But direct links are available in the apple developer forums however for people having trouble getting the betas from the mac app store even after installing the seed configuration utility. These direct links allow one to download the delta or combo update through a browser instead of the mac app store.

Unfortunately it seems the direct links for build 13C53 was posted there a bit too early today, and so the links for build 13C53 were removed from the developer forums.

However someone else has since reposted the links there now.

Last edited:

mcarling

macrumors 65816
Oct 22, 2009
Does this release add support for scaling resolutions, including HiDPI resolutions, for external 4K displays?

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
If you use the direct links it seems google chrome works much better than safari.

I just tried and failed to download the combo update for build 13C53 with safari with the direct link.

Then I retried with great success with google chrome.

It has always been this way and I still don't know why. Usually I just go straight for chrome because I know it works. But I thought today I'd give safari another go to see if it has improved - but nope! It downloads a bit of it and then stops.

We still have this embarrassing situation where one of apple's competitors' browsers downloads an apple system update better than apple's own browser!

Why do these betas download better with chrome than safari?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.