Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
iOS 7.1 ? THIS IS MADNESS....I am extremely upset that I still have to deal with MAJOR bugs on my iPhone 5 that has been there since December and I did everything even restored as new. STILL No fix and I really hope Apple releases 7.0.5 at least....Until 7.1 is ready. Come on what kind of company waits 4+ MONTHS Just to release a .1 update? It makes sense when it was iOS 6 to iOS 7....But to iOS 7.1 It will take apple that many months? That's not normal for a company that have billions of dollars and leaving all of us waiting until a .1 update. :mad: Who wouldn't be angry?

Curun

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
iOS 7.1 ? THIS IS MADNESS....I am extremely upset that I still have to deal with MAJOR bugs on my iPhone 5 that has been there since December and I did everything even restored as new. STILL No fix and I really hope Apple releases 7.0.5 at least....Until 7.1 is ready. Come on what kind of company waits 4+ MONTHS Just to release a .1 update? It makes sense when it was iOS 6 to iOS 7....But to iOS 7.1 It will take apple that many months? That's not normal for a company that have billions of dollars and leaving all of us waiting until a .1 update. :mad: Who wouldn't be angry?
There has been rumors, only rumors, of March. That's less than 4 weeks away. Not 5. But you might have to wait 7, or even 9 weeks :)

Also 7.0.5 has already been released.

----------

Also point out, it's very normal. Coworker's Galaxy S4, still hasn't been updated from 4.3 to the October 4.4 release, a .1 update.

So it's quite normal.

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
But that was only for the china people. And I mean that apple has never done this to us for a .1 update. It's okay if it comes out late February but if it comes out like March 11th that's extremely far away. 2 more weeks can seem forever if we are waiting for help.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Apple isn't telling you or anyone anything at all actually as they have released no information about availability of iOS 7.1 (beyond releasing the latest beta update to it earlier this week).

As far as the update itself, ask yourself a simple question: would you rather wait a bit longer (we aren't talking about months at this point, but weeks essentially) and have an update that properly resolves as many issues as it can, or would you rather rush one which resolves fewer things and/or doesn't fully resolve them and/or introduces other problems? And you basically have (or at least should have) your answer right there.

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Also, the headline on this website regarding "reliable sources" stating a March launch are nothing but rumours. Don't believe everything you read ;)

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
More bugs have been fixed after each beta. The wait is worth it. But if you want to install the beta early, there are ways to do that which you could look up.

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
More bugs have been fixed after each beta. The wait is worth it. But if you want to install the beta early, there are ways to do that which you could look up.

Yeah, everyone who is complaining can just get the beta if they really want it. Its not terribly hard.

Shuri

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2011

Having an iPhone 5 without ANY bugs (am I that lucky?) I wonder what these major bugs are?

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
I'd rather Apple does the job right this time, and thoroughly tests the 7.1 release before unleashing it on the public. This may be the final release of iOS7. I'd hate to see niggling bugs in it.
I also hope Apple intends to give its testing teams more time to test iOS8, by setting a functional coding deadline earlier in the process, and extending the testing timeline. It will be extremely important that iOS8 runs more smoothly than iOS7 from day one. It is, after all, supposed to be a key selling point of iOS compared to Android.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
But that was only for the china people. And I mean that apple has never done this to us for a .1 update. It's okay if it comes out late February but if it comes out like March 11th that's extremely far away. 2 more weeks can seem forever if we are waiting for help.

What are you talking about? iOS 5.1 came out on March 6th 2012.

Last edited:

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

I take it you don't play any games released by EA? They take like 6 months to patch a game.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007

Use a service to register your UDID as a developer and upgrade. No one is making you wait.

Whoops.. for the PC masses who I am sure will flame. Pay to become a developer and upgrade your device.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here

When did Apple tell you this?

Sparkey03

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2012
As far as the update itself, ask yourself a simple question: would you rather wait a bit longer (we aren't talking about months at this point, but weeks essentially) and have an update that properly resolves as many issues as it can, or would you rather rush one which resolves fewer things and/or doesn't fully resolve them and/or introduces other problems? And you basically have (or at least should have) your answer right there.

I would prefer they follow a continuous improvement strategy and did some incremental improvements regularly, esp. Now you can update wirelessly and it only downloads deltas.

Currently my voicemail here is the UK is completely crippled and phone reboots are the only thing that solves it. Give me a fix for that by itself, it's a key use of a business tool.

me7

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2013
Also point out, it's very normal. Coworker's Galaxy S4, still hasn't been updated from 4.3 to the October 4.4 release, a .1 update.

So it's quite normal.

Is this really comparable though? I don't own a Galaxy S4 but I don't read many reports about the S4 on Android 4.3 being as buggy as iOS 7.

I don't regard iOS 7.1 as an update but rather as an hotfix, a hotfix that takes ages to roll out.

Thepoobear

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2013
Something should have already been done about the iPads piss poor performance on iOS 7.

Jobs wouldn't have allowed the new super car ipad air to be released lagging like a 2010 android tablet.

I don't mind waiting for minor bug fixes, but poor performance is unacceptable. Well only have 6 months of under warranty operation at this point.

g-7

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2006
Poland
Apparently iOS 7 is such a mess that it clearly requires quite a lot of time to fix.

I'm waiting patiently. Having a hobby helps. Maybe try scrapbooking? Or knitting?
You might also go and yell at your boss. By the time you find a new job, iOS 7.1 should be ready. So many possibilities! :)

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England

Apple just can't win can they? If they released 7.1 today you'd moan that bugs still remain, on the other hand, you can't wait a little longer so that they have all that time to fix bugs and release a very stable 7.1.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Something should have already been done about the iPads piss poor performance on iOS 7.

Jobs wouldn't have allowed the new super car ipad air to be released lagging like a 2010 android tablet.

I don't mind waiting for minor bug fixes, but poor performance is unacceptable. Well only have 6 months of under warranty operation at this point.

haha what? because you know what he would of released. He definitely released products not worthy of coming out at times....
Also laggy? mine is super fast and my mini retina is super fast too. I had the first retina iPad(3rd gen) that was a little laggy...

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
One thing is pissing me that first iOS 7 public version was released about 5 months ago (not mentioning first iOS 7 beta release date) and till now a lot of owners especially who have iDevice with A7 processor, having major problems with resprings, safari crashes and other graphical glitches. Yes mostly of them will be fixed with 7.1.x However it takes too much time to get well-working OS.

Two of my friends sold their iPad airs and bought iPad 4 just because of crashing/ reloading tabs on safari browser....

Talking about OS X, they made a lot of improvements, especially with RAM management and really loving Mavericks but with iOS they failed too much :/

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
One thing is pissing me that first iOS 7 public version was released about 5 months ago (not mentioning first iOS 7 beta release date) and till now a lot of owners especially who have iDevice with A7 processor, having major problems with resprings, safari crashes and other graphical glitches. Yes mostly of them will be fixed with 7.1.x However it takes too much time to get well-working OS.

Two of my friends sold their iPad airs and bought iPad 4 just because of crashing/ reloading tabs on safari browser....

Talking about OS X, they made a lot of improvements, especially with RAM management and really loving Mavericks but with iOS they failed too much :/
It does indeed take a long time to get a well working OS.

----------

Will iPhone 6 come with iOS 8? If so we only have 6 mos. to run bug free 7.1?
Only 6 months? That's basically at least half the time that the iOS 7 would be the latest OS. That doesn't seem that little.

me7

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2013
Apple just can't win can they? If they released 7.1 today you'd moan that bugs still remain, on the other hand, you can't wait a little longer so that they have all that time to fix bugs and release a very stable 7.1.

There are two ways for Apple to win. One that is still viable and one for that it's sadly too late:

Option A: Allow people to downgrade.
Give users the option to return to iOS6 until iOS7 is fixed. It's not us who impose unreasonable expectations at Apple, Apple do this by themselves. By making downgrades impossible, they burden themselves to release perfect software. If a new version is buggy, you can't just revert to a previous version. The only thing users can do is rant at Apple. As stupid as rants on the internet are in general, they are, ironically, the single most productive thing we can do right now.

Option B: Don't release unfinished software like iOS7. (too late now)
If you want to lock users out from downgrade options, make sure that your software is ready when you roll it out. iOS7 was not ready for everyday use when Apple decided to push it out to everyone via OTA. They could have released iOS 6.2 with small but stable improvements instead and gives iOS7 the additional development time it obviously needs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.