Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mickey-gem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2014
Hello, I am just trying to determine if anyone knows if the many issues that have been mentioned on this forum regarding the earlier Macbook Pros have been resolved in later produced machines.

I just recently purchased A 2013 Macbook Pro Retina 13" 8GB ram 256 SSD. This is my first Mac and I am still getting used to the platform, so I am not well versed with the system as of yet. So far this computer seems very nice, fast and capable.

My Macbook has a build date of the 52nd week of December 2013. I guess I am asking if anyone knows if issues either software or hardware may have been resolved by this date of production?

I am still trying to decide if I will be keeping the Macbook. I will use the Macbook for light video editing, photo editing, and use of financial software.

Thank you for any information in advance.

sn0wman72

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2010
Hmmm, not sure what the many issues are that you are referring to?

My rMBP 13" works great, and it sounds like you are having no issues.

Apples warranty will,protect you for a full year and adding AppleCare adds another 2 years of warranty

If you like the rMBP keep it and enjoy

Barney63

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2014
Bolton, UK.
I am still trying to decide if I will be keeping the Macbook. I will use the Macbook for light video editing, photo editing, and use of financial software.

Your only concern should be whether or not YOUR MBP has any problems.
If it is OK keep it.

Barney

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
If you don't have any issues then what is the problem?

You will see a lot of threads here complaining about this and that. But the vast majority of people don't create threads saying how wonderful it is, so you get a skewed view of things when reading forums such as MacRumours.

I have a 13" rMBP and it's absolutely perfect. No issues at all and it's the best notebook I've ever owned.

mickey-gem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2014
Thanks for the great advice everyone. Yes, it is true I am not having any issues, actually pretty impressed with this Macbook. The build, the speed, the portability, basically everything is perfect. Other than learning the ins and outs of OS X, but I am just a few days in of using it.

I guess I am just being paranoid reading threads where users have trouble a few weeks in with screens, trackpads, wifi connections etc.

The more I use this Laptop, the better it gets and I even saved $100 off the purchase price, which always makes me happy.:)

Thank you all again for your input.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.