Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fdjofre

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
I'm not sure if you guys have heard of this tweak but it's amazing and it's only 0.99. It's a tweak which allows you to set up a guest session which can be activated with a specific pass code or activator action. You can disable multiple apps and features and it's working pretty well with a lot of other tweaks I already have.

Check it out!
http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-add-guest-mode-in-ios-7-running-on-iphone-and-ipad-video/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RedmondPieIphone+(Redmond+Pie+%C2%BB+iPhone)

fdjofre

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
It's a matter of personal preference, but if you think about it, I'd much rather use this tweak over Lockdown Pro for instance because when I'm the one using my phone I find it tiresome to be typing passwords in every locked app. With Guestmode, the apps are locked only when I'm not the one using the phone.

It's nice.

cnotes2019

Suspended
Aug 17, 2013
Yes but with lockdown pro the apps remain locked if you leave your phone unlocked but with this tweak it's only locked when you are in that mode and apps won't be locked if say you leave your phone unlocked and unattended outside of guest mode but yes you are right. Personal preference.

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
I would be concerned about whether this truly blocks in app purchases, itunes purchases, etc. It would be nice to let someone play a game, but are they going to rack up a bill on you?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I would be concerned about whether this truly blocks in app purchases, itunes purchases, etc. It would be nice to let someone play a game, but are they going to rack up a bill on you?

They will still need your password for that provided you haven't used it in the last 15 minutes.

fdjofre

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
They will still need your password for that provided you haven't used it in the last 15 minutes.

Right. I find it pretty useful. Still needs some more options imo but so far it serves its purpose.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Umm someone stole this idea from my sleep. I though about this when the first app password protection apps came out.
Glad someone decided to make it. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.