Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lightning Bolt

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
Windy City Suburb
Can anyone tell me why I can't add actual website links to the title bar of Safari on my iPad air?

Whenever I try to add a link, the only choice that comes up is "add folder" (which works) but I just want to add a few direct links like the default ones "Apple, Disney, ESPN, and Yahoo"

What am I missing?

Last edited:

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
You can't select a different location and then chose favorites? That's what gets items on the toolbar. I just tried and clicked the Bookmark icon, then the next pop up has an arrow thingie that should let you choose simply favorites which will place the link on the favs bar. At least I think. The favorites option will have a star icon next to it.

Lightning Bolt

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
Windy City Suburb
No, when I select Bookmarks, then "Favorites" to add one and then hit Edit, I get an "new folder" instead of "new bookmark" It put a folder on the faves bar instead of a link.

Lightning Bolt

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2013
Windy City Suburb
I figured it out! To add a bookmark, you need to tap the rectangle with arrow pointing up and then the white outline square that says Bookmark. I kept clicking the open book icon on the right and that's where it said "Bookmarks". Those icons are a poor design as since they are clear (no color), it makes the user think they cannot be selected/wouldn't do anything. Maybe they had color or a better look before iOS 7 and people had no problem. Brand new iPad users like me wouldn't know any difference.

IMHO, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out. :rolleyes:

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
I figured it out! To add a bookmark, you need to tap the rectangle with arrow pointing up and then the white outline square that says Bookmark. I kept clicking the open book icon on the right and that's where it said "Bookmarks". Those icons are a poor design as since they are clear (no color), it makes the user think they cannot be selected/wouldn't do anything. Maybe they had color or a better look before iOS 7 and people had no problem. Brand new iPad users like me wouldn't know any difference.

IMHO, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out. :rolleyes:

Glad you got it, sorry I didnt actually help ya out! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.