Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smilepile

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2014
Greetings all I have recently undergone the process of making an iOS universal game. But before I release it to the world I’d like to gain a list of all those extraordinary people whom would wish to buy it. When releasing apps as an independent developer the main problem I have faced in the past is that very quickly the app disappears behind all the others in the app store.

My basic solution to solve the problem of my app disappearing behind others in the app store is to get my app in to a top number listing by apple. To do this I want to collect a list of all the wonderful people interested in buying my app for $1.99 at the apple store on its first day of release. When I reach enough people to give my game a good head start I plan on messaging everyone with its release date.

In return for peoples kindness in buying my app on its first day of release they will become a pre-release VIP member. I will send a special code for everyone to use in the game to activate exclusive content.
This includes.

.Special unique menu and level designs
.Extra levels
.Pre-release of future updates
.Plus more

To join up and become a pre-release VIP member can be done by going to the games website

http://www.smilepileapp.com

I'm just wondering what everyone thinks of the look of the game and how it is portrayed on the website? Also happy to answer any question people may have about development or anything in general.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.