Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

einmusiker

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 26, 2010
Picks for the upcoming season?

I see a possible juggernaut starting in Seattle. They will be good for a while barring injuries (a huge variable these days)

Is Peyton done? Can he bounce back from the embarrassing Super Bowl flounder? Is he truly a post season flop?

Brady and Belichek, any more super bowls in their future?

here we go again!

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
peyton manning is an outstanding quarterback, i still think he will dominate next season, he is a joy to watch.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I'm thinking the Texans trade down, but I swear if they take Manziel I'm going to create a 2015-2016 NFL season thread.

----------

Picks for the upcoming season?

I see a possible juggernaut starting in Seattle. They will be good for a while barring injuries (a huge variable these days)

Is Peyton done? Can he bounce back from the embarrassing Super Bowl flounder? Is he truly a post season flop?

Brady and Belichek, any more super bowls in their future?

here we go again!

The Seattle juggernaut is only possible because Russell Wilson hasn't gotten paid yet. Once he demands huge money, the ability to divert that money to defense will be gone.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
If you want to make a Texans fan drink, ask them who they'd rather have: Manziel or Derek Carr? :p

I'll take Carr, but not with the number 1 overall pick. I definitely won't take Manziel 1 overall. If it's not Bridgewater, I'm trading down. Texans have too much talent to be screwing around with a terrible quarterback.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I think the Seahawks have a decent chance to repeat. I also think that the Broncos will have a good season.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
If the Seahawks stay healthy and keep the core components of the team. They are going to be a tough team for a few more years.

Of course for me, this is the year of the Cowboys! I mean come on. We have kept everyone in place that keeps us right at the .500 level for years to come! :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :mad: DAMN YOU AL DAVIS, I mean JERRY JONES!

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
It's always interesting to see how much things change in the offseason, players will shift, new coaches are taking over, where will the top rated draft picks end up, etc. etc.. It will be a much different landscape come August then it is now.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
A couple of free agents from the Seahawks are already talking big money so I wouldn't say they would be a shoo-in for a juggernaut . Not quit yet. Wilson is happy for now but when his contract expires after the end of next season he will want big bucks provided he produces.

Seattle has the 6th SoS this coming year..

Games against Philly,Denver,San Francisco will make them keep on their toes.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Wilson is happy for now but when his contract expires after the end of next season he will want big bucks provided he produces.

Don't you think his agent and the Players Association are going to strongly suggest a restructuring of his deal before then? He would be crazy not to go after what he can get now as opposed to taking a chance on his performance next year. You know the old "strike while the iron is hot". In this league there's very little loyalty. The stat I heard was that Peyton Manning made more in one game than Wilson made all of last year. I highly doubt that will continue for all of next year now that he's a Super Bowl winning QB. I'm not saying he's going to get Flacco money or anything like that, but I bet his paycheck goes up next year prior to his contract expiring.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Don't you think his agent and the Players Association are going to strongly suggest a restructuring of his deal before then? He would be crazy not to go after what he can get now as opposed to taking a chance on his performance next year. You know the old "strike while the iron is hot". In this league there's very little loyalty. The stat I heard was that Peyton Manning made more in one game than Wilson made all of last year. I highly doubt that will continue for all of next year now that he's a Super Bowl winning QB. I'm not saying he's going to get Flacco money or anything like that, but I bet his paycheck goes up next year prior to his contract expiring.

Maybe. Seattle might be thinking that because they just signed B.J. Daniels to a future QB contract. Believe it or not he's a rookie and 5'11".

He was claimed off waivers from ..You guessed it. The 49'ers.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'd say if any team can repeat it will be the Seahawks. The trick will be staying focused and hungry for another ring. There's a ton of distractions that go along with winning the super bowl. Unlike the Ravens, they'll not loose too many people and they're a young team. They're on my short list to go all the way.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
I'll take Carr, but not with the number 1 overall pick. I definitely won't take Manziel 1 overall. If it's not Bridgewater, I'm trading down. Texans have too much talent to be screwing around with a terrible quarterback.

I hear ya, bro. But I would only take Clowney #1. You can't pass up on a once a generation talent like that. The kid is a modern day Deacon Jones.:cool: I keep hearing about his lack of motivation. Well, he ain't making millions on College, so I think the Benjamins will be plenty of motivation for him to work hard.

I think we get a QB to develop in the 2nd round. If Schaub is willing to take a huge pay cut, we can keep him on board. I know his season went down the toilet in 2013, but I believe he can be a stop gap for one year at least.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I hear ya, bro. But I would only take Clowney #1. You can't pass up on a once a generation talent like that. The kid is a modern day Deacon Jones.:cool: I keep hearing about his lack of motivation. Well, he ain't making millions on College, so I think the Benjamins will be plenty of motivation for him to work hard.

I think we get a QB to develop in the 2nd round. If Schaub is willing to take a huge pay cut, we can keep him on board. I know his season went down the toilet in 2013, but I believe he can be a stop gap for one year at least.

Only reason Schaub was down is because Foster wasn't doing well..

pTacRP

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2013
In evaluating Manning and his post season performances, how many QB's in the NFL have as many post season appearances as he does, and 3 SuperBowl appearances. Win or loose, he's there more than most, which means he's good. And I am a lifelong Broncos fan

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Yes. However it always have been known that the Buffalo Bills constantly sellout every home game, constantly.

That's not true. Google Buffalo Bills TV blackout and you'll see several instances where the owner or local business bought up tickets to stop the blackout. Makes sense as they have been shedding population for 2 decades now.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
While that certainly contributed to Schaub's bad season, I think there was more to it than that.

Agreed - I think it was a mixture of Schaub just getting older (and coming off an injury), bad O-Line protection, and horrendous play calling.

For instance that pick 6 against Seattle - Everyone and their mother in the stadium (and the rest of Texas for that matter) knew what play was going to be run before he stepped up to the line.

Their run game actually didn't do badly after Foster went down. Ben Tate will get paid a lot for his services this year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.