Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
This bugs me like crazy, every time i compose an email i have a dropdown with multiple email addresses for each account.

Especially the old one which i've had since the days of .mac has @mac.com, @me.com and @icloud.com.

My apple id is assigned to the @mac.com address from back then.

But i can't just use that one to email.

I logged into my apple id on apple's site and deleted the alternatives but they stil pop up in Mail.

:confused:

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
This bugs me like crazy, every time i compose an email i have a dropdown with multiple email addresses for each account.

Especially the old one which i've had since the days of .mac has @mac.com, @me.com and @icloud.com.

I logged into my apple id on apple's site and deleted the alternatives but they stil pop up in Mail.

I'm unsure about @mac.com, but @icloud.com is an alias to @me.com - emails to both addresses are directed to @me.com.

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
I'm unsure about @mac.com, but @icloud.com is an alias to @me.com - emails to both addresses are directed to @me.com.

it's just weird cause when you log in to your apple id, it has the other emails as "alternate email address"es and you can actually delete them, but i guess that does nothing in effect :mad:

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010

Login to the iCloud website. Go to mail. Click and gear and select preferences. Click on the composing tab. In the Send From section there should be a list of addresses. Uncheck all of the addresses that you don't want to use.

You may need to re-start Mail.app after that, but this should get rid of those extra address options when you're sending mail.

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
Login to the iCloud website. Go to mail. Click and gear and select preferences. Click on the composing tab. In the Send From section there should be a list of addresses. Uncheck all of the addresses that you don't want to use.

You may need to re-start Mail.app after that, but this should get rid of those extra address options when you're sending mail.

Holy ****! Thank you!!!!!!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I've had no problems using my .mac email address to send emails. I think it defaults to the iCloud which I don't mind but I'm able to use the .mac one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.