Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zotaccian

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
If it is a PowerMac G4, desktop computer, and from low end many people in my country give those away for free or sell them for like 20 USD + possible shipping costs. High end models sell for more of course. Value of Mac computers is difficult for some first time buyers to estimate and you may see someone paying bit too much for machine like that... but generally, low end PM G4 which requires some work to make it usable is not worth much here.

Intelligent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2013
Is it a G4 PowerMac or G4 PowerBook? I just ask, as you mentioned a "charging cable"?
50 to 150 USD at best I suppose.

Its a powermac, when i said charging cable i mean the thing that gives it electricity, my native language is not english, and couldn't think of anything else to say than "charging cable" :p

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
What is a powermac g4 worth, might not work, and has no charging cable.

Well that depends on which model of the PowerMac G4 it is. There are quite a few of them and some are way more powerful than others and some can still be used today as a primary machine.

It really depends on the location (country specifically) and model. But for a decent guess, in the USA a working PowerMac G4 (single processor) WITH HDD, RAM, and cable can go for as little as free to up to $55 + shipping on Ebay. Craigslist may sell for a little more to an unsuspecting person, but not much more. A higher end PM G4 can go for more though. They just are not worth a whole lot now. The whole PM series, including the G5 has come down in cost by about 25-35% over the last year here in the USA. At least this is my experience selling them on Ebay and Craigslist.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Its a powermac, when i said charging cable i mean the thing that gives it electricity, my native language is not english, and couldn't think of anything else to say than "charging cable" :p
Just call it a power cable and you'll be good.

Age and specs really determine the value of a Mac. Macs with low specs built in the early 2000s aren't worth much at all. The G4 350 PCI I have here at work probably draws more in electricity than it's worth each month.

Then too, exapandability is also a factor. The G4 450 AGP stitting right next to the G4 350 PCI at work is considerably more expandable than the 350. The 450 has low specs but because you can upgrade it, it's value is probably higher.

Generally though PowerPC Macs produced around 2004-2006 have more value because they have higher specs and are younger.

Intelligent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2013
Just call it a power cable and you'll be good.

Age and specs really determine the value of a Mac. Macs with low specs built in the early 2000s aren't worth much at all. The G4 350 PCI I have here at work probably draws more in electricity than it's worth each month.

Then too, exapandability is also a factor. The G4 450 AGP stitting right next to the G4 350 PCI at work is considerably more expandable than the 350. The 450 has low specs but because you can upgrade it, it's value is probably higher.

Generally though PowerPC Macs produced around 2004-2006 have more value because they have higher specs and are younger.

Well i already have the power cable and stuff and its only 17 USD so i will buy it, and if it doesn't work i would love having it just standing there in my room.

archtopshop

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2011
What is a powermac g4 worth, might not work, and has no charging cable.

A good way to determine the sales value of a Powermac is to do an eBay search for the model and click on the "sold" button at the left of the screen. The results will show all the sales over (at least) the last 90 days for the item you specify in the search. You may find your Powermac is worth more to you than the going sales price.

In general, I think Powermac prices are now better for the buyers, than for the sellers. Just my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.