Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DramaLLama

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 6, 2011
I hate having apps that serve the same purpose as the default apps but the default weather app is so basic it almost hurts. Do you guys feel this way and just deal with 2 weather apps or did you just get used to the default weather app?

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
I use the weather channel for the radar and more detailed information. The weather lockscreen tweak is good for just temperature though.

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
Actually, I find the default weather app to be sufficient with one exception - I have IMAP Weather Radio installed just for its infinitely configurable weather alerts (I never actually look at it, it just does its thing in the background). Alas, it is very pricey and I cannot justify paying full price for it.

On my iPad I have played with a seemingly infinite number of weather apps, but that is just because I get bored :) On my list is Dark Sky, which I might play with if it goes on sale. You can get a subset of Dark Sky features by going to http://forecast.io .

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Normally just the default. But when it started snowing today and all the app was saying is cloudy, I began to have my doubts.

Same here. It was stuck on Monday and it is Tuesday.

I don't tend to buy weather apps because the majority of them aren't accurate as AccuWeather (come on now :rolleyes:) and The Weather Channel are. But I don't use either of the two because they're a complete eyesore. AccuWeather was okay until they came up with that ugly curved UI, and then TWC is just blah.

Yahoo Weather is good, I'd just rather have something not so resource hungry.

Weather, Music, and Safari are the only three system apps I use. Everything else I replaced with other apps.

Ke1ington

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
Weather Underground is nice. BeWeather was recently ported over from the Blackberry OS and is what I'm currently keeping on my home screen. I switch between the two depending on my mood.

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
The default weather app includes enough information to allow me to plan my day, no need to install another app when an included app does the job.

Just my $0.02

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
I use The Weather Channel Max. It's nice having the severe weather push alerts. I actually like the simplicity and layout of the stock weather app, but I find, for my area, Yahoo weather isn't as accurate as I would like.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
The default weather app is too inaccurate and many times won't update. I use WeatherBug and The Weather Channel most of the time. Apple should really fix their app!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.