Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
I called in apple to schedule me an appointment for my iPad, they put 9:10 as the earliest slot time available so I took it. The apple store I am at is in a mall though and the mall opens at 10:00AM. Does that mean that the Apple Store is already open or is this an error? Even the apple website says this apple store location opens at 10. It is the one on Burlington, Ontario if that helps.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The mall will have its doors open but most stores will of course will not be open for business.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I called in apple to schedule me an appointment for my iPad, they put 9:10 as the earliest slot time available so I took it. The apple store I am at is in a mall though and the mall opens at 10:00AM. Does that mean that the Apple Store is already open or is this an error? Even the apple website says this apple store location opens at 10. It is the one on Burlington, Ontario if that helps.

Just a suggestion...call the store and check with them. Sometimes the Mall opens before many of the stores.

Whatever...calling the store would be better than folks here guessing.:D

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Well, I got a confirmation email from them:
Screen_Shot_2014_02_12_at_7_02_49_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2014_02_12_at_7_01_17_AM.png

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
How far away are you from that mall? It can't hurt to just try to go there. Worse case scenario, you have to hang out a bit until 10AM.

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
How far away are you from that mall? It can't hurt to just try to go there. Worse case scenario, you have to hang out a bit until 10AM.

An hour drive, I'll just go and if they are still close I'll wait and complain to them why they confirmed the appointment and try to get free stuff lol xD

GhostMac24

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2011
NC
I've had several appt's before 10am at my Apple store. It's actually a really nice thing since you are there before any possible mall traffic and potential crowds. There is an Apple employee at the door that only let's those individuals in before 10am that have a scheduled appt.

Malls themselves are open before 10am since employees have to arrive before opening, there are walkers in the mall, etc.. You'll be just fine.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Apple stores open for retail purchases but run classes etc for an hour or so before opening. This is normal!

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
good plan, it's much more quiet before normal store hours. i always take a pre 10 time slot. malls open their doors way earlier than the stores open.

Last edited:

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Why do you think the 9:10 slot was available??? Because everyone else knows you can't get there when the mall is closed. You're welcome.

NEXT!

(And the REAL genius is the one that takes the 9 - 10 shift. That's the guy you want to talk to when you DO get in.)

(Probably better toss one of these :D in, just in case.)

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto

My store, at the Eaton Centre, was open for appointments and one to one two hours before the store opened for sales.

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Just got back. Yeah they were open, there were actually quite a few of people already there talking with geniuses. Anyways I had my iPad Air replaced yesterday. Got home and found more pixels, dumb move for me not to look at it before I got home. That's why I went today, fortunately the same guy was there and just gave me another one and on top of that gave me a free smart case for my trouble :)

Lucille Carter

Suspended
Jul 3, 2013
Apple store have always opened early for people with appointments. I have also seen them take care of someone without an appointment and sell the a iMac.

Overall Apple is a friendly place to deal with.

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
Just got back. Yeah they were open, there were actually quite a few of people already there talking with geniuses. Anyways I had my iPad Air replaced yesterday. Got home and found more pixels, dumb move for me not to look at it before I got home. That's why I went today, fortunately the same guy was there and just gave me another one and on top of that gave me a free smart case for my trouble :)

One day i will get lucky like that.... Maybe. What color case did you get?

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
local mall stores open at 10 am, but one mall entrance is open around 7 and places like dunkin donuts open then... store workers need time to clean up stores and get ready. lots of mall walkers too.

scoobydoo99

Cancelled
Mar 11, 2003
Just a suggestion...call the store and check with them. Sometimes the Mall opens before many of the stores.

Whatever...calling the store would be better than folks here guessing.:D

It's not a guess. This is normal for Apple stores - the mall stores open at 10am, but the entrances to the mall are open by 9am. There will be security outside the Apple store and an employee to verify you have an appointment before they let you in. The store will be busy with plenty of employees and customers there for appointments before 10am.

Routine for Apple stores in malls.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
An hour drive, I'll just go and if they are still close I'll wait and complain to them why they confirmed the appointment and try to get free stuff lol xD

Malls typically have staff coming in to get their stores ready to open, mall walkers etc, well before the mall opens for business.

and basically every store does training for a least an hour before the store opens, for those that gripe about the noise, tech appts for those that gripe they have to get to work etc.

Apple wouldn't make a mistake like offering an appointment before someone can come into the location because they know that folks would be jackasses and scream to get free stuff etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.