Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Feb 12, 2014, 08:12 AM   #1
DJ911
macrumors newbie

Exclamation Flappy Bird, cydia tweaks to block internet access?

Hey all. I still have flappy bird installed on my iPhone, but it crashes every time my run is complete and my score is not recorded. I put my phone into airplane mode to see if it would still crash if there was no internet access. When in airplane mode, the app performed like it did before it was taken off the app store.

My question is, are there any cydia apps/tweaks to block a certain app from accessing the internet? I'd like to play flappy bird without crashing.

Thanks in advance
DJ911 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2014, 08:58 AM   #2
HasoMujo
macrumors regular

Hi all,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ911 View Post
Hey all. I still have flappy bird installed on my iPhone, but it crashes every time my run is complete and my score is not recorded. I put my phone into airplane mode to see if it would still crash if there was no internet access. When in airplane mode, the app performed like it did before it was taken off the app store.

My question is, are there any cydia apps/tweaks to block a certain app from accessing the internet? I'd like to play flappy bird without crashing.

Thanks in advance
The app is "Firewall IP7"
HasoMujo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2014, 09:15 AM   #3
lukejc1
macrumors 6502

Try force closing Flappy Bird and hard rebooting your phone. That same thing happened to me when I first installed it but it fixed itself. I'm not sure internet connection has anything to do with it. If all else fails delete the game and reinstall it.
lukejc1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:06 AM   #4
Carlanga
macrumors 603

This happened the first time I installed it. Force close it and reboot to get it to work
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:39 AM   #5
007p
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasoMujo View Post
The app is "Firewall IP7"
While I would agree with you, it seems like Firewall IP7 isn't always the answer. While it does block the connections it does just that...blocks the connection. It doesn't 'stop' them like airplane mode would. If airplane mode is on, then the app doesn't try to constantly connect, by using the firewall it just blocks it from connecting. Obviously this depends on how the app is coded, if after a certain amount of failed connections it gets the hint and stops trying to connect then fine...but from my experience some don't.

TL;DR Flex 2 or something similar may also be able to patch an app to make the app think airplane mode is on.
007p is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2014, 12:38 PM   #6
cchunk
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ911 View Post

Thanks in advance
the creator said it had something to do with gamecenter. i tried restarting my phone when this problem happened to me. what i did to fix it was go into game center and sign out. kill flappy bird then play it and die. go back into game center and sign in and it should work after that
cchunk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks