Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marina123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2014
please help me! It was a fifty page long document and I swear i saved it! hours of hard work gone! How do I fix this? There has to be some way i can retrieve it, please help me, I'm on the verge of tears because i just got over writers blink and i fished it and now its gone!!! PLEASE HELP ME

steveh552

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2014
please help me! It was a fifty page long document and I swear i saved it! hours of hard work gone! How do I fix this? There has to be some way i can retrieve it, please help me, I'm on the verge of tears because i just got over writers blink and i fished it and now its gone!!! PLEASE HELP ME

Were you running the time machine backups? You may have it in the time capsule

SusanK

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2012
Did you look in Recent Items just in case it's there?

Hope you find it!

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009

if you saved it click file --> open recent
your file should be in there.

did a crash happen?
is it minimized somewhere? if so click window and see if it's still open. (don't be embarrassed if that's the case, i do that all the time)

if it's not open then you closed the file and it would have asked you to save before hand.

did you save it at any point?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

Did you save it in iCloud perhaps without realizing it? Login to iCloud.com and open Pages there and see if it is there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.