Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dominick624

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2014
Hi, I ran into an article that said Apple allowed price matching of up to $50 for the iPhone 4S, when it was released.

Does Apple still do this when buying an iPhone 5S at full retail?

Also, does anyone know of anyway of lowering the retail price if you go to the Apple store? Or even any other way of upgrading to the 5S before my contract ends in September without losing my upgrade?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hi, I ran into an article that said Apple allowed price matching of up to $50 for the iPhone 4S, when it was released.

Also, does anyone know of anyway of lowering the retail price if you go to the Apple store? Or even any other way of upgrading to the 5S before my contract ends in September without losing my upgrade?

They do not generally price match. E price is the price, you can't lower it. No way to get the phone at less than full price before your upgrade is here. Try buying used online.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

The way price matching works is you have to bring an ad of another retailer selling the particular item for less or whatever promotion another store has for another store to match the same.
You can upgrade before you're due by buying it full price or if you carrier allows an early upgrade or any other promotional programs they might have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.