Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dylan11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2014
I have a Samsung 23" LED monitor that works perfect of course on Mac OS X...
However Windows 7 default drivers in control panel are no where even remotely close to the right resolution size. Yes I could go to the Samsung website but I have yet to get Internet working on Windows 7 on Mac.

The resolution also looks terrible in Windows. So not sure if I installed the right drivers supplied via BootCamp properly or what?

Dylan11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 14, 2014
Fixed: I had to use the device manager to scan (E) drive USB files with bootcamp driver folders and checked the option windows option to search sub-folders. Then it worked fine.

xcodeSyn

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2012
However Windows 7 default drivers in control panel are no where even remotely close to the right resolution size. Yes I could go to the Samsung website but I have yet to get Internet working on Windows 7 on Mac.

The resolution also looks terrible in Windows. So not sure if I installed the right drivers supplied via BootCamp properly or what?
The display resolution is controlled by the video drivers for your graphics card, so you need to find out which video card you have, AMD, NVIDIA or Intel? When you right-click the mouse on the desktop in Windows 7, select the screen resolution option and the maximum resolution you could use should correspond to that of your monitor. If not, then you may need to download the correct drivers from the graphics card's website, not from Samsung.

Edit: Glad you fixed it. Looks like you did not install Boot Camp video drivers the first time. You are supposed to start the setup.exe and let the program to take care of installation of all necessary drivers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.