Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ventana

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
I got the 5s and the battery sucks. My and my gf both have phones that drain so fast. 10% in an hour with minimal use. 5% with 4 songs using the regular iphone music app. Surfing the internt 1% every 2 minutes. Its just horrible. Is the 5c better on battery life? Im thinking about downgrading because I cannot stand this. I think its the processer, the CPU and the better graphics card in the 5s that's making it drain faster.

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
No, I get much much battery life than this on my 5s. Something else is going on.

ventana

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
No, I get much much battery life than this on my 5s. Something else is going on.

i turned everything off and we are both still getting horrible battery life. my 5 lasted so much longer. at least it seemed like it.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Battery life should be similar on the 5c and the 5s. They should both be slightly better than the iPhone 5.

iOS 7.1 may bring some battery improvements to the table.

ventana

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
Battery life should be similar on the 5c and the 5s. They should both be slightly better than the iPhone 5.

iOS 7.1 may bring some battery improvements to the table.

so you wouldnt suggest downgrading to the 5c? Everyone on other forums say it was the best thing that they did.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
If you want to? I don't have any issues with either of our iPhone 5s.

How's your wireless service where you're located? Could a poor LTE signal be killing your battery? My wife had that problem with Verizon where she worked, once she switched to AT&T, her battery improved.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Take the brightness off the maximum and if your battery life is really bad take it to apple they will probably hand you a new one.

ventana

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
I have att and the reception is good. And I have auto brightness on. Just doesn't seem like its as good as the iphone 5 was. The reasons I listed about the 5c possibly being better is that possible? Like not as big of a processor CPU and graphics card? Could those make the 5c last longer?

ventana

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
That doesn't seem right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 149

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I have att and the reception is good. And I have auto brightness on. Just doesn't seem like its as good as the iphone 5 was. The reasons I listed about the 5c possibly being better is that possible? Like not as big of a processor CPU and graphics card? Could those make the 5c last longer?

I had the 5. Now I have the 5s. The battery life is massively improved.

I'd recommend trying a restore. If that doesn't help, have Apple run diagnostics on the battery. With similar usage, the battery on the 5s should be as good if not better than the 5 and 5c. Beyond that, the improvements in camera, processor and Touch ID make the 5s more than worth it.

ventana

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
I brought it to apple and they said nothing was wrong and I have done a restore probably like 5 times already.

ventana

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
Could my 5 seemed better cause it was jail broken? Or maybe cause I was used to a routine of always putting it on a charger when at home? Just my battery has gone down 4 percent just posting these replies

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Could my 5 seemed better cause it was jail broken? Or maybe cause I was used to a routine of always putting it on a charger when at home? Just my battery has gone down 4 percent just posting these replies

Post a screen shot of what brightness is right now. Don't you change:)

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
If thats 1hour 36 minutes of screen on time OP then the phone is more then fine.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
First screen shot was form 7:17 that one is from 7:44 in that Time it dropped 2%. That's not that bad.

----------

How often do you double press the home button and close the apps?

ventana

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
Why did my 5 last longer? I could browse the internet a lot and didn't seem to go down. And listening to music drains fast!!

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Why did my 5 last longer? I could browse the internet a lot and didn't seem to go down. And listening to music drains fast!!

Is it Internet from the Internet like iTunes Radio? I also noticed that music from the Internet drains the battery fast. But hey if you use your devices the battery goes down

----------

Was your 5s ever anywhere real hot like 90+ degrees

ventana

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2014
No it would be regular music from stock music app. My phone gets hot sometimes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.