Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qaanol

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I am looking for a drawing program with one specific feature: the ability to have auto-connecting block arrows (in particular, ones that automatically make right-angle bends as necessary—and being able to specify the roundedness of the bends would be great.)

In other words, when I have two boxes in a flowchart, I want to make a block arrow and connect the ends of that block arrow to the two shapes, so that as I move the shapes around the block arrow stays connected to them.

Just about every drawing / presentation / mind mapping program lets you make regular line arrows that stay connected to shapes as you move them around. And most of those programs also let you make block arrows. But I have not found one that lets you make an auto-connecting block arrow.

Any ideas?

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
I am looking for a drawing program with one specific feature: the ability to have auto-connecting block arrows (in particular, ones that automatically make right-angle bends as necessary—and being able to specify the roundedness of the bends would be great.)

In other words, when I have two boxes in a flowchart, I want to make a block arrow and connect the ends of that block arrow to the two shapes, so that as I move the shapes around the block arrow stays connected to them.

Just about every drawing / presentation / mind mapping program lets you make regular line arrows that stay connected to shapes as you move them around. And most of those programs also let you make block arrows. But I have not found one that lets you make an auto-connecting block arrow.

Any ideas?
Omnigraffle auto connects as well as, IIRC, let's you adjust the roundness of the bends.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.