Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cherrysftw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2013
Hey I recently bought a rmbp and love it. I tried cleaning it after 2 months of purchase as it did acquire a great deal of mess.

I used the black cloth that comes with the macbook and made the tip wet with water and used that to clean the screen, which is very clean right now. Is this the safest way to go about cleaning the screen?

For the keys/inner/outer body I used a cloth made for cleaning and did the same.

Is this the correct approach to cleaning? I want to preserve the freshness of the laptop. Also I can't seem to clean the fan area as it is too small. Is there anything I can do about that or should I leave it?

Also is there anything I should download for cleaning the OS itself.

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
You are doing fine just make sure that the Cloth that you are using is not too wet. should be lightly moist, damp I would say so that water not dripping out of it. I don't think you need to worry about cleaning the Fan in the rMBP just leave it as it is..

Cleaning the OS I am not quite sure what does that mean ? :rolleyes:

Cherrysftw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2013
You are doing fine just make sure that the Cloth that you are using is not too wet. should be lightly moist, damp I would say so that water not dripping out of it. I don't think you need to worry about cleaning the Fan in the rMBP just leave it as it is..

Cleaning the OS I am not quite sure what does that mean ? :rolleyes:
As in to keep the system running smooth.

Speaking of smooth, why is scrolling using the mousepad un-smooth? Also when I press F3 there some sort of small lag or choppiness. Is that normal?

I have the new mbpr 8gb ram 256gb ssd.

Cherrysftw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2013
After Im done cleaning, should i completely wet the cleaning cloths and let them dry?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.