Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
I posted this to other forums so just copy and paste

If you got the promo post it here so we will see how many people got on it

2 days ago I got extra 1GB for 1 year at no cost as of now I have the 12GB plan (110$) so that makes it 13gb.

I also got the promo for my gf and all people on her plan they have (6GB) so that makes it 7GB.

When you call make sure not to confuse the rep about the 500 mb -> going to 1GB plan and 2GB going to 3GB 1gb maybe look like nothing but not everyone is on their high plans.. or if you have small choice and you must have Verizon.

Call them up it's free just gotta talk with the right rep.

Proof:
Code:
http://www.dslreports.com/speak/slideshow/29042498?c=2151450&ret=64urlL2ZvcnVtL3IyOTA0MjQ5OC1Hb3QtTW9yZS1TaGFyZS1FdmVyeXRoaW5nLUdldC1wcm9tby1kYXRhLWZyb20tQmlnLVJlZC4

link for slideshow ^

People who got on the promo:

C DM
SC54HI
Dontazemebro
erftbll81
Diseal3
pete9976
avanpelt
Voch
DcGamer05
nanogirl21
Davewithak
iamMacPerson
dsquared81
Looony2nz
MacinAppleTosh
kowen14
als522877
biikman
^^people added before apr.24

Not Counting Anymore I keep forgetting to add people sorry guys lol

Last edited:

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
That's funny because last week Verizon gave me an extra GB of data for freeeee forever thanks to their More Everything plans and I didn't have to even call or anything. So you shouldn't really need a promo...

serega

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
Seattle
That's funny because last week Verizon gave me an extra GB of data for freeeee forever thanks to their More Everything plans and I didn't have to even call or anything. So you shouldn't really need a promo...

What plan did you have? I got nothing for my 4 gig shared by 2 phones.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013

I had the everything shared 2GB plan. It went from 2 to 3 GB.

It looks like anything higher than that didn't change. I'm happy with 3 GB of data. I just switched to Verizon back on Jan 31 and was on the fence trying to decide at that time between $55/mo with AT&T or $60/mo with Verizon both for 2 GB... with their new plan if I don't end up using even 2GB, I can drop down and now pay $50/mo with Verizon.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/shop/shop-data-plans/more-everything.html

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012

That is different you proboblay had 2GB so it became 3GB if you call up you will have 4GB of data.

it will revert to 3GB after 1 year.

Call Verizon you will have 5 gig of data (1gb extra) for 1 year.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
That is different you proboblay had 2GB so it became 3GB if you call up you will have 4GB of data.

it will revert to 3GB after 1 year.

Call Verizon you will have 5 gig of data (1gb extra) for 1 year.

Nah thanks but I'm good. Trying to get Verizon on the phone lately is a PITA. 3GB is more than enough for me.

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Nah thanks but I'm good. Trying to get Verizon on the phone lately is a PITA. 3GB is more than enough for me.

true but if they charge us a lot and such promotion exists why not? :)

and also yup before I spoke with someone I waited for 15 minutes but that's ok.

Promotion runs from Feb 05 2014 to March 05 2015.

the free 1gb counts first before your regular data.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
true but if they charge us a lot and such promotion exists why not? :)

and also yup before I spoke with someone I waited for 15 minutes but that's ok.

Promotion runs from Feb 05 2014 to March 05 2015.

the free 1gb counts first before your regular data.
Just called, waited about 15 minutes, basically mentioned hearing about the promotion, the agent said he'll check to see if I qualified (not sure how much qualification there really is), said that I do (based on being with VZW for a long time and having a good payment history, but, again, not sure how much that really plays into it), and applied the promotion (set to expire a year from today).

He also mentioned that you can basically call every once in a while and check to see if there are promotions that might exist that would apply to your account and that could be added. Not sure if every agent would be as quick/forward to really check on all that and give you all the promotions that are applicable, but supposedly you can ask when you call in every once in a while.

Thanks again for the details about all of this. It's not a huge thing, but certainly helps given that the new "more" plans don't really help out as far as more data or better pricing those who are with 4 GB or more of shared data.

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Just called, waited about 15 minutes, basically mentioned hearing about the promotion, the agent said he'll check to see if I qualified (not sure how much qualification there really is), said that I do (based on being with VZW for a long time and having a good payment history, but, again, not sure how much that really plays into it), and applied the promotion (set to expire a year from today).

He also mentioned that you can basically call every once in a while and check to see if there are promotions that might exist that would apply to your account and that could be added. Not sure if every agent would be as quick/forward to really check on all that and give you all the promotions that are applicable, but supposedly you can ask when you call in every once in a while.

Thanks again for the details about all of this. It's not a huge thing, but certainly helps given that the new "more" plans don't really help out as far as more data or better pricing those who are with 4 GB or more of shared data.

Sweet glad you got it ! :)
if you used more then 1GB as of today your regular data will go down by 1GB.

So the promo 1GB counts first.

I will put your nickname on first post so people know the promo is real.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sweet glad you got it ! :)
if you used more then 1GB as of today your regular data will go down by 1GB.

So the promo 1GB counts first.

I will put your nickname on first post so people know the promo is real.
Yeah, just checked my usage and 1 GB from the total I had before got already moved to the promotional usage and now my total usage from the shared data is 1 GB lower.

Just changed my plan to the new and slightly lower priced 3 GB shared data plan for now (since with 1 GB promo it will still give me the 4 GB of shared data I usually have). Some savings at least for the next year.

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Yeah, just checked my usage and 1 GB from the total I had before got already moved to the promotional usage and now my total usage from the shared data is 1 GB lower.

Just changed my plan to the new and slightly lower priced 3 GB shared data plan for now (since with 1 GB promo it will still give me the 4 GB of shared data I usually have). Some savings at least for the next year.

Awesome enjoy ! :)

SC54HI

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
After 10 minutes on hold, talked to rep who said my account was not eligible for this promotion; it only applies to those with 3 GB of data or less. We have 2 lines now moved over to More Everything, sharing 4 GB a month.

No free +1 GB for us :(

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
After 10 minutes on hold, talked to rep who said my account was not eligible for this promotion; it only applies to those with 3 GB of data or less. We have 2 lines now moved over to More Everything, sharing 4 GB a month.

No free +1 GB for us :(

Call again that is not true.
Use the screenshots I provided.

If rep says no tell him/her you would like to send her/him email with proof.

One guy who is on 300 mb plan got the free 1GB promo over at different forum! :)

the rep told you about the 500MB-> 1GB and 2GB -> 3GB plans.

When I called for my self first the rep told me the same thing but he researched and applied it.

SC54HI

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
Call again that is not true.
Use the screenshots I provided.

If rep says no tell him/her you would like to send her/him email with proof.

One guy who is on 300 mb plan got the free 1GB promo over at different forum! :)

the rep told you about the 500MB-> 1GB and 2GB -> 3GB plans.

When I called for my self first the rep told me the same thing but he researched and applied it.

Got it. After a lengthy wait, followed by 2 holds while the rep "checked to see if we qualify," the 1 GB was added.

Thanks so much for this tip - we'll probably really appreciate it when we upgrade to iPhones 5s soon, which will probably use more data than our iPhones 4 currently do.

Sure wish you didn't have to play rep roulette to find out stuff!

patt2k

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Got it. After a lengthy wait, followed by 2 holds while the rep "checked to see if we qualify," the 1 GB was added.

Thanks so much for this tip - we'll probably really appreciate it when we upgrade to iPhones 5s soon, which will probably use more data than our iPhones 4 currently do.

Sure wish you didn't have to play rep roulette to find out stuff!

Told ya ;) enjoy it!

comptr

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2007
Arizona
well I called and they told me its for the share everything plans and I am on the old family plan as one of the lines still has unlimited data so they didn't give it.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
Is it dumb that I don't want to do this simply because I don't want to get to having an extra GB of data only to have it taken away in a year? I'd rather just use what I have and not have to worry about losing it later on...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Is it dumb that I don't want to do this simply because I don't want to get to having an extra GB of data only to have it taken away in a year? I'd rather just use what I have and not have to worry about losing it later on...
Well, there are two possible ways of looking at it too: 1. You simply have it there as an overage backup should you go over in some month for some reason (perhaps you travel that month or something else goes on that you use more data) and don't have to pay overages that way, and 2. You can get it and , for example, change from a 4 GB plan down to 3 GB plan saving $10 every month for a year while still effectively having 4 GB of data you always had (and simply changing back to 4 GB once the year is up) thus saving $120 without really changing anything about what you have available or use. Surely either one of those is far from dumb.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here

Agreed. Make it permanent or I don't want it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.