Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mintfan7200

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
Im thinking about buying a used mac mini to use until a better Mac Mini is released . What is the earliest model that will run 10.9 ?

Last edited:

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
Any 2009 model or later will. I got mine for £360 on eBay used in 2012 with 8Gb of RAM and it was in as-new condition with all accessories, manuals and packaging.

blanka

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2012
Good luck with the waiting then. As you can see in many waiting topics, the improvement of a new one will be marginal. Why not get the current one now? The old ones are relative overpriced. I'm stunned by the price people pay for a 2009, while I have seen some nice sales on the new model. Here we had a discount on the Mini's a few weeks ago, and being 17% cheaper, you can resell it for the same money whenever a new Mini arrives.

Karlitr0s

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2014
An Amazon UK reseller has the 2012 i5 Mini brand new for £419.95. That's nearly 16% cheaper than the Apple site.

mintfan7200

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
Good luck with the waiting then. As you can see in many waiting topics, the improvement of a new one will be marginal. Why not get the current one now? The old ones are relative overpriced. I'm stunned by the price people pay for a 2009, while I have seen some nice sales on the new model. Here we had a discount on the Mini's a few weeks ago, and being 17% cheaper, you can resell it for the same money whenever a new Mini arrives.

I have heard the graphics are going to be significantly improved but I think they will still be integrated graphics but better than they are now , that is the main reason I plan on waiting . I would like to be able to play world of warcraft , diablo 3 , and maybe call of duty ghosts or battlefield 4 . I do not need the max settings just enough to be enjoyable at least . I would buy a Mac Pro or imac but I do not have that kind of money . They will probably upgrade the Processor too and it will also probably be a decent upgrade from what it is now .

Last edited:

El Hikaru

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2013
All mini models are more or less the same compared to high end work station class computers. Having enough RAM and SSD makes any Mini a sufficient machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.