Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Feb 20, 2014, 09:29 AM   #1
hajime
macrumors 68000

Connecting to the Mac from Note PRO 12.2 via Remote PC

Has anybody tried to connect to a Mac from the Samasung Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 via Remote PC? Any user experience appreciated. Thanks.
hajime is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:54 AM   #2
tbayrgs
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajime View Post
Has anybody tried to connect to a Mac from the Samasung Galaxy Note PRO 12.2 via Remote PC? Any user experience appreciated. Thanks.
No experience with Remote PC but I connect to my Macs from both my iPad and LG G Pad using TeamViewer. You didn't specify what functionality you were looking for--I use it solely as a screen sharing tool to navigate around my Mac remotely and it works great. Also, it's FREE!!
tbayrgs is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:54 AM   #3
gotluck
macrumors 68040

Yea teamviewer works great for me remoting to windows from ios and android.

Not for watching video, but good nonetheless
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:35 PM   #4
akuma13
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I ordered one and will test it out tonight.
akuma13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2014, 07:01 PM   #5
akuma13
macrumors 6502

I fired it up for a few minutes. Works like it's suppose to. Like someone mentioned, not great for video. In full screen video is very choppy. It plays OK when the video window is smaller. I was able to use Adobe Illustrator on it. It was a bit tricky trying to get the spen to work correctly but a blue tooth mouse will work great I think.
akuma13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:27 PM   #6
hajime
macrumors 68000

I mean using the Note PRO like a terminal. An example would be using the Note PRO in Starbucks and using it like a monitor connected directly to a Mac located at home.

I can imagine that with wifi connection, performance may not be good. How about connecting the Note PRO via ethernet connection? Will the performance be like that of connecting the device directly to the MAC?
Old Feb 21, 2014, 12:50 AM   #7
MindsEye
macrumors regular

Quote:
I mean using the Note PRO like a terminal. An example would be using the Note PRO in Starbucks and using it like a monitor connected directly to a Mac located at home.

I can imagine that with wifi connection, performance may not be good. How about connecting the Note PRO via ethernet connection? Will the performance be like that of connecting the device directly to the MAC?
There is always going to be a trade off in performance whether slight or huge and it does largley depend on the device being used and the connection (speed, lan vs internet). How would you connect your tablet via ethernet? USB?

At anyrate rarely used it myself, but i've seen people swear by Splashtop when it comes to doing anything media intensive.
MindsEye is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2014, 06:03 PM   #8
hajime
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindsEye View Post
There is always going to be a trade off in performance whether slight or huge and it does largley depend on the device being used and the connection (speed, lan vs internet). How would you connect your tablet via ethernet? USB?

At anyrate rarely used it myself, but i've seen people swear by Splashtop when it comes to doing anything media intensive.
I read that there is an ethernet adapter for this device. Probably connected via usb 3.0. As far as I heard, Samsung kind of haven't implemented something and it is somewhat still like 2.0. Not sure the details...

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices